Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC, you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for an enterprise architect
You become part of Enterprise Architecture consisting of 8 EAs. We are responsible for ensuring that BEC has a strong architecture that provides new opportunities for both ourselves and the banks. As an enterprise architect, you will have a central role in influencing and further developing BEC's foundation by ensuring a robust and scalable architecture that can grow in line with needs, moving BEC towards an open banking strategy. Banks have a growing need for architecture and open interfaces to third-party consumers.
BEC is working on a new strategy where several significant changes are to be made. We are going to extract applications from our mainframe and decoupling data, especially our focus is on account, core, payment and customer domains.
BEC has optimal conditions for creating a relevant and value-creating architecture - we have an agile setup, organized according to the SAFe framework, which allows us to draw on knowledge across business areas, ARTs (Agile Release Train), teams, customers and IT professionals. You can look forward to a job with a wide touch and a lot of variety in the tasks that you are doing. You will be based in Roskilde but must expect some travel to our locations in Herning and Poland.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
As an enterprise architect, you will be close to a resort as well as to the executive vice president and the development directors of the resort. Your tasks will vary from strategic EA work to work with the ARTs:
- plan, develop and continuously improve BEC's enterprise architecture and ensure anchoring internally and with customers
- ensure that we pull in the right direction at the agreed pace, and ensure anchoring and collaboration between ART, teams and Enterprise Architecture
- prepare strategy, goals and roadmap for Account, Core and Payment in a trusting collaboration with management, development managers, business managers and other colleagues at various levels in the organization
- participate in the general enterprise architecture and strategy work
- take responsibility for ensuring that the development portfolio has the right technical and financial composition
- proactive work with efficiencies and consolidation recommendations
- review requirements and project deliverables in relation to the impact on architecture, plans and price in close collaboration with system architects and other important stakeholders
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background as an engineer, computer scientist, or you have another qualifying background and several years of experience with architecture, enterprise architecture and strategic work in a larger organization. It will be an advantage if you have been working in a core banking program (retail banking) or/and have experience with decoupling of data.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC, you will join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
You want to be at the forefront to ensure coherence and show the way. You are a distinct team player - visionary and innovative - and have strong communication skills.
As a person, we also expect you to identify strongly with the following qualifications and competencies:
- able to oversee complexity and building a bridge between technology and business
- structured and analytical
- thrive on working with customers
- power to take leadership and responsibility in your work, deliveries and in the change processes in which you participate
- can map a system landscape and point out opportunities or consolidations
- have knowledge of financial products and financial companies
- may be certified in SAFe or in architecture
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than January 17, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Henrik Schulz on +45 61 55 09 10.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Join a community of people sharing great ambitions
BEC is a fintech company with branches in Denmark and Poland. As an IT partner for a wide range of banks and other parties in Denmark's financial industry, we create financial solutions for 20-30 % of the Danish bank customers. We make it possible for them to check their account online, take out loans, and transfer money. In other words, everything it takes to run a bank.
We are 1,300+ employees cultivating an informal, yet dedicated culture. We help each other and learn from each other to create the strongest possible solutions for the banks, their customers, and the Danish society.