Senior PHP Developer
Booztlet has been growing more than 100% over the last years, and we have no plans of slowing down. We have a very agile development process and do around 50 deploys per day across our systems. For us, high performance is a must and we are serving +20M page views a month with an average server response time around 300ms. During this year's Black Friday, we had zero downtime, while attracting 100.000 new customers to our Boozt and Booztlet shops.
We embrace a fail-fast culture with a flat hierarchy and a focus on trust, freedom and responsibility - favoring quality and long term solutions. Our systems are built in close collaboration with the business specialists and based on open technologies such as PHP, Symfony, MySQL, and managed with top of the shelf tools such as Ansible, Chef, NewRelic.
As Senior PHP Developer, your role is to take part in the development of our webshop platform for Booztlet. This involves both codings, debugging and refactoring. But also architectural planning, code review, helping coworkers and challenging the business. Our Platform team consists of 125+ developers in 5 locations and your office will be in Aarhus with 14 other developers. The job will also include regular visits to our Head Office in Malmö.
Do you want to join our Platform team?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with e-commerce and marketing specialists to create solutions for Booztlet.com - primary technologies used are PHP with the Symfony framework, MySQL as database
- Improve performance of our systems server-side - both for the Booztlet.com site but also supporting systems
- Help shape and deliver projects and pitch new ideas to the business
- Take part in growing our team competences by knowledge sharing and daily support of less experienced team members
- Explore ways to utilize even better the various cloud hosting options available on Google Cloud Platform
- Skilled in modern web development, with a background in PHP
- Experienced with modern code development: Source control systems, code review, agile methods, MVC, design patterns and recent frameworks
- Experience in building high performing and scalable systems
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Capable of dynamically handling multiple tasks and to plan accordingly to priorities
- Fast learner - we have a lot of systems and big codebases, there’s a lot to get acquainted with
- Cares about more than just your own work. We work in teams and expect a senior to take an active role in growing the team members
- Great personal and internal career development
- A culture that incorporates our values of trust, freedom and responsibility
- Flexible work environment
- Driven and passionate international colleagues
- Yes, we really do speak English here, it is our corporate language
- A generous employee discount
- Lunch, coffee, veggies and fruits for all, and Friday socials
- Milestone celebrations
- Competitive compensation and pension package
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT BOOZT
We are a leading, fast-growing Nordic fashion and beauty e-commerce company. You can find our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, but we also have a few physical retail stores in the Copenhagen area, a smaller development team in Aarhus, Denmark, and a fully automated warehouse in Ängelholm, Sweden. We are proud of the fact that the Boozt family of 400+ people are made up of 34 nationalities; we are strong believers that diverse teams help us build an innovative and vibrant workplace. Would you like to join us on our exciting journey?
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusiveness!
Please apply for this position as soon as possible since we are interviewing applicants on an on-going basis.