SAP Manager to lead an international team
Are you ready to take charge of the SAP team responsible for implementing SAP Solutions including but not limited to rolling out SAP FI/CO/SD/MM at our locations around the world? And would you like to work in a multicultural environment gaining influence and building your international network?
“The challenge for you will be to manage the team at a distance as your team members are located around the world,” explains Maria Bille, Director for SAP Solution Delivery.
Welcome to SAP Solution Delivery
You will be the newest member of our SAP Solution Delivery management team which is part of the global Finance & Group Systems IT. It is our responsibility to roll out SAP FI/CO/SD/MM across the global set-up in DSV, implement any other SAP-based solutions, help support and improve our business processes as well as stay compliant with legal regulations in various countries.
From our office in Hedehusene, you will manage a highly skilled team of 10 SAP consultants. And as your team is based in 6 different countries around the world, you will mostly communicate through our digital channels.
Prioritise tasks and lead your team
As our SAP manager, you will support your team as they work as internal SAP consultants on individual projects and global rollouts. We provide solution recommendations, consider scope and client requirements as well as take care of the configurations. And it is your task to ensure proper technical design, configuration, requirements gathering and creation of technical specifications within the DSV SAP template while keeping your team happy and motivated.
Specifically, you will:
- Coordinate resources and prioritise tasks and projects
- Communicate with your team both in joint meetings and in one-on-one conversations
- Reach out and communicate with stakeholders such as project managers, peers and business counterparts
- Visit your team members as well as departments around the world, and you can expect travel activity 2-5 times a year (depending on travel restrictions due to COVID-19)
- Join the project team and take the role as project team lead when necessary
“The change to the DSV SAP template has the utmost priority, and it is important that you voice your opinions as they are highly valued,” Maria continues.
Join the ride
You will become part of this journey at an exciting time as you will be able to use your experiences and knowledge to influence the results.
“Personally, I have enjoyed working in DSV for many years. I like the tempo in a fast-moving international environment where good ideas are met with encouragement – and useful suggestions are realised and see the light of day,” Maria concludes.
Experienced leader ready for remote leadership
To succeed in this position, you will need to perfect the art of managing your team at a distance. To do this, you will need to reach out to your team members on an ongoing basis to provide clear guidelines and make sure they thrive. You will also get to use your diplomacy and stakeholder management skills as you collaborate with colleagues across the world.
We have an open mind regarding your background, though we imagine that you:
- Have profound experience with SAP Solutions (FI/CO is a must, SD/MM of advantage) and experience in complex IT landscapes from either a consultancy or a large international organisation
- Have solid experience with management, preferably as a line manager in an IT organisation
- Speak and write English fluently
- May hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT and have experience in project management
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director for SAP Solution Delivery Maria Bille at +45 25 41 62 91.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com