Experienced Fullstack Developer for our Power Business
Are you passionate about software development? Do you dream of working in a team where your voice and ideas are heard? And do you want to make an impact on our mission-critical system for balancing power producers and consumers in the power market? Then you might be our new colleague in our five-person development team focusing on critical systems for power production and balancing.
Join Europe’s leading energy trading company
Danske Commodities (DC) is a leading energy trading company. Every day, we complete thousands of trades, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. To make that possible, our Software Development team is a crucial part of the business – and the best place to work (if you ask us).
A trusted partner in building world-class, business-critical software solutions
We build business-critical systems of all shapes and sizes for the entire organisation. We are part of shaping the business by delivering systems that give us a competitive edge and automate critical processes. We are a trusted advisor on technical solutions, and we develop world-class software using modern technology and practices.
Our PBA team owns, builds and maintains the “production balancing responsible” system (PBA). The system connects production and consumption assets in the market to the power grid. It enables asset owners to sell their production to the power grid in the most cost-efficient way and the system will control the assets directly according to their production plans – be it wind turbines, solar parks or more traditional production plants – we help run the units in the optimal way. The PBA system is mission critical to DC, our customers and the power grid. The team is collectively responsible for delivering software of the highest quality with great care for consistency, availability, scalability and performance. We get to dig deep in the domain of trading and the physical power grid and have a strong influence on the analysis of the problem itself as well as how we best solve that problem with software.
Join a team of passionate and curious software developers
You will join our PBA team of committed developers with a passion for their craft. We are curious and love to discuss new technologies, practices and methodologies amongst each other. We take pride in challenging each other to make sure we constantly improve our system landscape and code quality. Our culture is still highly informal, and the sense of humour is unprecedented (again, if you ask us!). We love foosball, running, biking, beers, playing music, boardgames and all sorts of games. Even better, when we get to do it together with our colleagues.
An opportunity to impact our software development and design
You will start out by learning the PBA system and how it supports DC’s different business areas. The key to short-term success is dedicating time to learning the domain while working on user stories that will take you through dedicated parts of the product. Over time, you will become an expert in every part of the energy trading domain. On a longer term, you will utilise your experience in software design and development to heighten the technical level in the team. You will also contribute to improving and expanding the existing system landscape in the team so that technical debt is identified and removed.
"You will help build a mission critical system which controls actual power production and consumption units 24/7-365. Challenge Accepted!" - Henrik Skaarup Andersen, Senior Manager, Head of Software Development.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop world-class software in an engaging and complex domain
- participate in full project cycles, from inception to delivery, using agile practices
- engage our business to ensure outstanding solutions
- nurture a coherent application architecture that is fit for purpose
- pave the way for business users by providing an excellent support and solving issues
Specific for the team:
- develop and extend our PBA system that trades and balances assets in the complex and exciting energy markets
- gain deep insight into the power market and how the physical power grids function
- help the PBA team find the best solution for any given problem by proactively providing valuable input and not be afraid to challenge decisions
We expect that you:
- are experienced in .NET, Java or similar
- have 5+ years of experience as a full stack developer
- are experienced in web development (on PBA we use AngularJS)
- enjoy front-end web development but are also able to with backend system development
- have the ability to reason about distributed systems and complex products
- have DDD and microservice experience (a plus as this is part of the PBA design)
- prefer and value a holistic approach to system design, from requirements to operations
- understand and practice best practices within code design (SOLID, OOP, Clean code, etc.)
We expect that you:
- are a curious software developer who loves the craft and solving problems. You will feel at home if you love to discuss new tech or how to solve interesting business challenges
- are a team player who enjoys collaboration and are willing to discuss with team members how to improve the software craftsmanship in the team. No challenge too big, and none too small. Your team is there for you
- like to challenge your own coding preferences and common team coding standards to ensure that the team always follows best practices and evolves
- have a proactive attitude and the ability to work independently, as we engage in different types of tasks, separately and as a team
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Henrik Skaarup Andersen
Senior Manager, Head of Software Development
T: +45 5357 8153
Application deadline: 05/02