Cisco Network Security Engineer
Centrica Energy Trading is an international energy asset management company with activities in power, gas and related commodity markets throughout Europe. Within our Aalborg office we are a diverse team with over 325 employees. Combined with an academic working environment, this has all resulted in a unique atmosphere, where new ways of thinking and innovative ideas are part of the way we work.
As a company we are continuously striving to strengthen our infrastructure by optimizing security, performance and reliability, and therefore we are looking for a new team member in our Operations Team who can help us achieve our goals. As a part of Centrica Energy Trading’s Network Team, you will have the means to define our future infrastructure to meet our ever changing business requirements.
The primary responsibility for the role holder will be managing and developing our network infrastructure and participating in security operations. You will work closely with our support, infrastructure and security teams during office hours, and at some point, be part of our AHS (after hours support) rotation. We also have Development and SCADA teams that you will be collaborating with daily.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, which means you must be ready to quickly adapt to new challenges. You understand the importance of procedure, process and governance and preferable have experience from similar process driven environments. You’re highly motivated and self-engaged with your assigned tasks.
You should never compromise on the next best solution and always highlight known risks to stakeholders. You will continue to improve our infrastructure by pitching in creativity and questioning existing setups.
At Centrica we recognise that a career in IT requires continuous learning. We engage in Hackathons, Study Groups and Brown Bag Sessions. We also have an active Staff Association that arranges all sorts of activities - ranging from Foosball tournaments to LAN Parties - bringing in people from the entire Aalborg office!
Key role responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain Cisco security products (ASA, FTD, ISE, Umbrella)
- Participate in security operations in cross-team collaboration internally and with external partners
- Contribute to the development of internal networking by bringing in new technology or re-designing existing setup
- Network troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Daily monitoring and optimization
- Create and maintain system documentation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- Importantly you will have experience within networking, primary working with ASA and FTD platforms.
- Passionate about networking and being a nerd about it
- Hands on experience with Cisco security products, primarily next-gen firewalls
- Flair for network diagnostics and troubleshooting skills
- Understand the importance of SecOps and the role it plays within the business
- Attentive to quality and understand the importance of maintaining a stable technical/production environment
- Understand that being proactive and exercising due diligence is key factors that contribute to a professional level of operational excellence
- Flexible and able to collaborate with your team while maintaining a high degree of independence
- Strong interest in learning new technologies either by self-study or with external training partners
- It is preferable if you have a basic understanding of core infrastructure and concepts, like Active Directory, PKI, DNS, virtualization, etc.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply online' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply online’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.