IT Master Data Specialist
Job Req Number: 29722
Would you like the opportunity to directly impact the master data in a large international organisation? And are you ready to help pin-point business needs and play a vital role in establishing our data processes and bring them to life?
In DSV Panalpina Global IT, Master Data and Master Data quality has been singled out as the key focus area for continuously growth, so here is a golden opportunity for a strong candidate with hands-on experience within Master Data Management/Governance to join the digitizing journey at an early stage.
Step into a truly international setting
At our headquarters in Hedehusene, Denmark, you will be joining our IT Asset Management and Tool Governance department. Here you will be co-responsible for IT Master Data Management in DSV Panalpina Global IT. The team is responsible for all data and processes relating to our users, just as it is up to us to ensure that all technical business requirements are met.
You will be part of a on-site team of 4, and you can look forward to interact with colleagues around the globe. More specifically, you will collaborate closely with our Global IT department, just as you will work with our Data team in Poland and other key stakeholders across the DSV organisation.
Define business requirements and ensure process excellence
As our Master Data Specialist, you will be key player in analysing business needs and the digitization of these according to best practice in close collaboration with IT developers.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the right processes are in place and that these meet the business requirements. Therefore, your key tasks will be to:
- Engage with stakeholders to obtain business requirements and evaluate their input against strategy and existing processes
- Define the requirements and take part in development and implementation together with the technical team
- Fill out major role in implementation of MDM tool (still to be selected)
- Document and communicate process descriptions to relevant stakeholders
- Cooperate with the Test team in Poland to ensure testing of new solutions
- Develop and implement strategy and roadmap for IT Master Data improvement (e.g. linking roadmap to Global IT Strategy)
- Set up and run our IT Master Data program and initiate necessary initiatives (e.g. Data Governance and stewardship)
- Master Data Management (e.g. ensuring ownership of MDM entities across the IT organisation and collaboration with IT Finance)
- Data Quality Control (e.g. setting up KPI’s, performing data quality assurance testing and reporting discrepancies)
- Supporting day to day issues concerning IT Master Data.
- Participate in projects concerning improvement of CMDB, Asset Management, Life Cycle Management and the TBM-program, which is part of the department.
Diplomatic profile well-versed in process documentation
We are looking for a candidate with a strong analytical mindset and practical, hands-on approach to management of IT Master Data who has the insight and experience to drive programs and initiatives.
You are self-driven, and with your excellent communication skills and a knack for creating buy-in, you navigate easily within the organisation. You stand firm when challenged and are not afraid to challenge the way we operate and do things. We imagine that you:
- Have experience from a similar position though this is not a requirement
- Have a solid grasp of processes and process documentation, and you have probably worked with project and process management
- Experience with MDM tools is an advantage
- Speak and write English effortlessly
- Proven, hands-on experience with Master Data Management and Data Quality in a corporate international organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of IT (e.g. Assets, processes, development methods and operation).
- Preferably a Master degree in IT, Computer Science, Business IT
- Some knowledge of Technology Business Management (TBM) or Previous experience with development of e.g. Data Warehouse will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to understand complex environments.
- Ability to work hands-on with data and IT Master Data, as the primary tasks require a practical approach.
- Ability to cooperate with all management levels in our Global IT organisation and with IT Finance.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Director Nicolai Stumpe on +45 53 73 30 55.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.