Niko is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Developer to our R&D Team dealing with future lighting control and building automation
Niko is an international family owned company providing beautiful and well-designed, intuitive and user-friendly controls to make people’s homes work better. Inspired? Then you might want to work with us!
We are currently looking for an experienced Embedded Software Developer with flair for coordination of software activities to join our R&D Team at Competence Center Detection in Sønderborg, to further strengthen our software development within lighting control, sensors and detectors. You will take part in development and maintenance of software solutions within our product portfolio.
Your main responsibilities are specification, development and maintenance of software solutions to Niko’s portfolio of sensors and systems. The main emphasis is on development of embedded software to our products with focus on communication protocols, wired or wireless, targeted the lighting control area such as DALI, KNX and BLE. In addition, your key responsibilities will be:
- Interpret lighting control standards and transform these into operational code in specific products and maintain state-of-the-art
- Estimate, execute and implement the software solutions in accordance with our software development process (according to Continuous Integration Principles)
- Be a part of a multi-disciplinary and international SCRUM team that takes ownership of designing and implementing our platform and its software features
- Perform code review, document and maintain software solutions in a structured and natural way of working
- Suggest, discuss and define the optimum interface between hardware and software
- Collaborate with our validation team on various test procedures for functional test of the implemented code
Your working base will be in Sønderborg, and you will be part of Niko’s R&D team that consists of passionate and experienced colleagues in several countries. You will also collaborate with various people both internally in the organization and externally. You will refer to the R&D Manager Nordic at the Competence Center Detection in Sønderborg. Moreover, you must be willing to do short business trips in Europe (10-20 days per year).
Background and skills
For this position, you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or electronic engineering combined with at least +5 years of experience working with embedded software development. In addition, you have experience working with:
- C/C++ coding
- Object Oriented Design
- Experience working in SCRUM teams or the agile approach
- Experience with Git
- Unit testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration Principles and related tools e.g. Jira and Jenkins
- Transform standards into operational code and deliver well-structured documentation
On a personal level, you are a passionate embedded software developer who is always up to date in terms of new technology, market development, customers and competitors in the market. You have a systematic approach in your way of working, and able to keep sense of perspective of the different tasks. At the same time, you are detail-oriented, and you do deliver both high-quality solutions and well-structured documentation. We expect you to have good communication skills and the ability to engage with many different people both internally in the organization and externally. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, optionally knowledge of Danish or wish to learn the language.
If you have questions or would like to know more about this position, please contact Søren Kamp Mortensen from Zubstanz at + 45 2548 8050 or e-mail email@example.com.
We make buildings work better for you!
Niko is a family owned company based in Sint-Niklaas, Belgium. Niko designs and produces switching material, lighting control and home automation. Our solutions minimize energy consumption and improve user comfort. Niko Group employs more than 600 people in 10 countries. Niko Nordic in Sønderborg, Denmark, is competence centre for detectors and handles sales and distribution of Nikos product range in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
A good place to work
At Niko you get the opportunity to unfold and stimulate your skills in a highly technological and innovative environment. We aim at having a good and inspiring work environment where you can both use and develop your knowledge and talents. We do believe that dedicated employees are the fundament for the continued growth and development of Niko.