Head of Delivery
Are you the new Head of Delivery on our MS Azure Cloud solution for the Energy sector – KMD Elements?
Do you want to be part of the largest Software development organization in Denmark? Do you want to be part of a company where the ceiling is high, and you get the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally? Do you want to work based on the principals of Agile/SRUM and help set new standards for future Energy Cloud solutions in KMD?
If you want your fingerprint on software solutions for the energy sector, and are motivated by complex IT solution with large volumes of data, where efficient data processing is essential, then you are the one we are looking for.
KMD is Denmark's largest IT development organization and is the company that invests the most in developing digital solutions that benefit the danish society. We have some of the industry's most talented employees, challenging our solutions and each other every day. For our business unit KMD Energy Solutions, which delivers business-critical software solutions to the energy sector, we are looking for a Head of Delivery (HoD) who can play a key role in delivering solutions based on Microsoft Azure Cloud. As Head of Delivery you will be part of the management team in Energy Solutions with direct reference to the Vice President in charge of the Business unit.
KMD Energy Solutions is a strategic growth area at KMD. Our goal is to provide Denmark's best software products and consulting services within the Energy and Utility sector, where we automate and streamline critical business processes with the ambition to digitally transform the industry and support for tomorrow's energy SmartGrid systems and the green transformation.
About the job
With reference to the Vice President of Energy Solutions, you will be in close collaboration with your management colleagues – the Business Line Director for Elements in Denmark and the Head of Development in Warsaw.
You will be directly responsible for the daily management of currently 10 Project Managers, Test Managers and Architects across Odense, DK and Warsaw, PL, and the agile delivery of the KMD Elements platform. Your focus will be in creating and maintaining highly productive development teams in close collaboration with the Head of Development in Warsaw, PL, developing innovative and valuable customer aligned functionality, in an efficient development process, while having fun along the way.
In the role of HoD on Elements, you will, in collaboration with the Head of Development in Poland, be responsible for the delivery of KMD Elements to our customers. We work with state-of-the-art technologies such as PaaS services in Azure. In addition, you will participate in the transformation project that ensures the conversion of the classic solutions to MS Azure. Your task here will be central in relation to sparring about the technical prioritization of the order in which the reorganization is to be carried out and deliver accordingly, and you will have a full delivery responsibility for the Program and customer commitments.
You will be responsible for People, Process and Projects, and we expect you to:
- Focus on change management, culture building, creating followship and happy employees
- Ensure proper resource allocation
- Help coordinate communication between development teams and Business/Product Owners
- Act as sparring partner for teams.
- Ensure an efficient development process in the agile teams together with rest of management team and stakeholders in product management by continual improvements
- Help coordinate efforts of developers, Team Leads, Scrum Masters and Testers
- Secure alignment between business and development
- Act as sparring partner on technology choices.
- Understand and ensure successful delivery of committed deliveries
- Plan milestones across the program, so the individual projects succeed
- Ensure that the technical evolution of development tools, and frameworks are continually evaluated and implemented to ensure efficient and attractive development environment
- Represent delivery in customer project board meetings
- Facilitate and lead internal project board meetings.
The Successful Head of Delivery
To be able to fulfil the role as Head of Delivery the optimal candidate will have a professional profile that combines developing and managing skills. We would like you to have:
- Exposure to agile methodologies, and Scrum/Kanban in particular
- Previous experience managing others, for example as a Team Lead, Project Manager or development manager
- Experience with technology and process transformation, for example introduction of new technologies to teams or a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with distributed teams (nearshore Poland)
- Full oral and written proficiency in both English and Danish
- Relevant project and development education and certificates are essential both for the success in the role, and as a requirement from our customers.
Even though you might not be an experienced manager, your personal skills should emphasize your talents to lead and inspire others. You will be the one to develop and drive the team to success, and we need you to have talent and skills for:
- Experience with scalable architectures and performance optimizations
- Bringing a team together, driving, motivating, and inspiring them
- Thinking holistically and having a crossover business focus
- Taking on responsibility, initiative and making decisions.
At KMD, you get the opportunity to be part of building the greatest IT solutions in Denmark designed to ensure our place among the world’s leading digital nations. If you take this opportunity and show us you can make great products, we will be sure to provide you with amble career opportunities.
Place of work will be in Odense, Denmark with regular visits to Warsaw 2-4 days pr. month. We do not require presence on our location in Odense every day, but as a manager you have to be visible for your employees both in Odense and Warsaw.
We kindly ask you to send your application as soon as possible.
KMD is the largest Danish-based IT company that develops and delivers software, solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark's public and financial sector and with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordic region. Our unique domain knowledge, reliability and approach to security and operational stability make KMD today one of the most recognized and used suppliers in the Danish IT industry.
KMD's solutions help streamline processes and create better service for customers every day all year round. For example, our systems handle payments of wages and social benefits. In total, it will be about 400 billion kroner a year, which equates to more than 20 % of Denmark's GDP. The KMD Group has an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Danish kroner and has about 3,500 employees.
KMD's head office is in Ballerup, but also has offices in Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg. In addition, KMD also has employees in Poland, and partners in India. KMD is owned by NEC - a global leader in integrating cutting-edge IT and networking technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. Nec employs more than 100,000 people globally.
KMD's size means that we offer a wide variety of professional challenges and a unique professional environment. With great know-how in complex areas of work and competent, ambitious and not least innovative employees, KMD is facing an international journey with the NEC. In KMD, we not only try to meet our customers' expectations, but strive to exceed them.
In KMD we expect to align with our employees through goal agreements and ongoing dialogue. It contributes to the mutual trust it takes to give our employees freedom under responsibility, flexibility and space to be who they are. KMD is a constant changing company where pace, agility and unknown parameters are a part of our everyday.