ReactJS Software Developer for Design System – Helping save lives
Are you interested in developing cutting edge digital design solutions that can help save lives? Are you passionate about design systems in Figma and have solid ReactJS competences? We are looking for a full-time employee to join our design system team in Copenhagen!
Laerdal Medical is a world leading provider of medical and educational products, helping doctors and nurses around the world save lives. Laerdal is highly respected for its products and more than a million healthcare providers use our digital learning solutions each year.
Laerdal Copenhagen is the center of excellence for Laerdal's digital learning solutions. With a unique mix of talents - ranging from medical doctors and user experience designers to software engineers and talents from the video game industry - we work with international partners to develop cutting edge e-learning solutions that help save lives.
With this position Laerdal Copenhagen offers a position in a collaborative and dynamic workplace, characterized by can-do attitude, appreciation of diversity, flexible working conditions, and a casual atmosphere in an old warehouse in the center of Copenhagen.
As Design System Software Developer at Laerdal, you will work in a small team with close colleagues, and be responsible for:
- Improving Laerdal’s design system’s UI component library architecture across design & code, primarily in Figma and ReactJS.
- Ensuring the system of re-usable front-end code can scale to span multiple products, multiple devices, multiple tech platforms.
- Improving the versioning, source control and release cycle processes across design and code libraries.
- Exploring how the system may be useful for tech platforms that do not use ReactJS as a front-end framework.
- Streamlining and possibly automating the process of converting Figma design to ReactJS code
- Helping enrich the general communication and collaboration between frontend UI designers and software developers.
- Developing and maintaining reusable React components in close collaboration with other teams.
You are a bright and motivated software developer / architect, with
- Strong front-end development skills with 5+ years' experience, 3+ years in ReactJS.
- Experience in creating systems built for scale and re-use.
- Solid understanding of design systems and the need to synchronise design and code libraries.
- Awareness of Figma’s component structure, variants, autolayout, and API for exporting.
- A BA or MA degree in software development or similar field.
- Proven collaboration skills, particularly designer-developer collaboration.
- Attention to the importance of UI and UX details, e.g. spacing, color, typography, and UX/interaction patterns.
- Fluent English abilities, written and spoken.
Laerdal offers competitive and flexible working conditions.
We will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Please send your application with CV and portfolio through the link "Apply online" as soon as possible.