Department manager for “Business Intelligence & Analytics as-a-Service"
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC, you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for a department manager ready to drive delivery, change and learning
You will be joining the leadership team for the area (release train) of “Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Governance”, which has the enterprise-wide responsibility for these domains both facing BEC and our customer banks. The area is in the middle of a significant cloud-based transformation providing several exciting challenges on a leadership level.
As department manager for “Business Intelligence & Analytics as-a-Service” you will assume a key role in leading this transformation of the user-facing platforms and systems for reporting and analytics, while at the same time ensuring the continuous operations of the existing platforms and systems. You will also be leading the implementation of the future cloud-based BEC internal BI and analytics solution.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
In the position of department manager, you will assume the leadership responsibility of 20+ dedicated it professionals across Denmark and Poland. At the same time you will be part of a leadership team, where you can expect sparring and support from your colleagues while there is also expectations that you engage in and contribute to the leadership agenda of the area/ART (Agile Release Train).
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Lead department of 20+ dedicated professionals across Denmark and Poland which primary focus are
- Running existing BI frontend platforms: SAP Business Objects 4.2 and SAS Analytics
- Establishing future BI frontend platforms: Power BI
- Establish future BEC internal data warehouse and BI
- Consulting towards customer banks
- Setting the future direction for reporting and analytics platforms and processes
- Assume a 360-degree leadership responsibility: hire/fire, salary, performance appraisal, etc., while leading by example according to BEC values and guidelines
- Grow people through continuous sparring and guidance with clear alignment of expectations
- Assume system owner responsibility for above mentioned systems – responsible for operational execution (stability, compliance etc.) as well as strategic direction
- Enter into an ART leadership team playing an integrate part of the overall leadership ambitions for the ART
We are looking for a person who loves to drive change and evolve people and organisations
Preferably, you have an educational background at master’s level, and recognize yourself in majority of the points below
- A proven and documented experience in leading IT professionals (+3 years)
- Experience in cross-site / virtual leadership
- Ideally experience with agile organizations and processes (SAFe or similar)
- A good and thorough understanding of the domain of data, business intelligence and analytics as well as what it means to build software and/or run a platform – either from a leadership role or other relevant position
As a person, you
- Are willing to assume responsibility and drive your responsibilities forward
- Have a large (leadership) capacity as the tasks, responsibilities and expectations are many and diverse
- Are able to lead change and get people to follow you
With colleagues in teams distributed across Denmark and Poland, you must master English at a high level both in writing and orally. Also, you must expect some degree of travelling, in particular during the startup phase.
For us, curiosity is essential and at BEC, you will join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as for the entire community of BEC banks.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume. As we are currently processing the applications and closing the call, once we have hired the right one, we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible and no later than February 28, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Karsten Brandt-Larsen, development director on +45 61 567 567.
We are committed to hiring top talents regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Join a community of people sharing great ambitions
BEC is a fintech company with branches in Denmark and Poland. As an IT partner for a wide range of banks and other parties in Denmark's financial industry, we create financial solutions for 20-30 % of the Danish bank customers. We make it possible for them to check their account online, take out loans, and transfer money. In other words, everything it takes to run a bank.
We are 1,300+ employees cultivating an informal, yet dedicated culture. We help each other and learn from each other to create the strongest possible solutions for the banks, their customers, and the Danish society.