Senior Network Engineer
Hansen Technologies is a global billing software provider servicing the Utilities, Pay TV and Telecommunications industries. A growing company with 31 offices around the globe delivering billing solutions to customers in more than 80 countries. The jobs we offer are technically challenging and we set high standards for quality, security and performance. You will join our team of highly competent professionals.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Network Engineer with strong technical background and experience in routing, switching, wireless, firewalls and VPNs. This is an operational and project-based role whilst providing services to external managed service clients as well as internal business units.
The Network Engineer will be required to participate in a "follow the sun system" support model.
The successful applicant will be based in either our office in Espoo, Finland, or Sonderborg, Denmark working within the Global Network Services Group. You will report to the IT Operations Manager for EMEA and be part of the Global IT Network team.
- Review and challenge technical designs for new and existing environments
- Design, build, and deployment of network infrastructure
- Ensure performance monitoring and optimisation, and continuous improvement of relevant technologies
- Provide support of network services for Finland/Denmark and surrounding countries with the Global Network Team
- Cisco routing and switching (including configuring and troubleshooting, protocols such as BGP and OSPF)
- Minimum of entry level network certification such as Cisco CCNA
- Meraki Wireless and SDWAN
- Firewalls such as Cisco ASA, Palo Alto's or Checkpoint
- Excellent client facing skills
- AWS networking (VPC, VPN, Load Balancing, Direct Connect, Security Groups)
- Security concepts and processes, including IDS/IPS
- Load Balancer appliances
- Web Application Firewall
- MS Teams for business voice and video
- Capacity to manage competing priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent client facing skills, fluent in Finnish or Danish and good English written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently when required as well as demonstrate teamwork locally and globally
- Ability to manage small network projects to ensure delivery on time and budget
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and undertake certification
What we offer
- Excellent career opportunities in a growing global company.
- Professionally challenging jobs in a dynamic industry.
- An informal international work environment.
- Highly skilled IT colleagues to learn from.
- A company culture characterized by a sense of humour, commitment and ownership.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact HR Martina Siemer email@example.com.
If you feel this is exciting, we would love to hear from you! Register your application and CV by clicking the "Apply online" button.
Please note that this organisation does not offer visa sponsorship. All applicants must be eligible to work in either Finland or Denmark to be considered for this position. Our business language is English and applications in English would be appreciated.