IT Portfolio Manager
Become part of the IT leadership team setting the future direction for how IT can propel the future growth strategy of LEMAN.
Group IT employs 40 people across Denmark and the US with the majority of our employees located in Denmark, more specifically Taulov and Greve. We have high ambitions and are in the process of a major transformation and digitization of the LEMAN Group. We are currently implementing new digital systems at all business levels, both in Denmark, in the Nordic region, the UK, and the USA.
At LEMAN we have an ambitious growth strategy, and there is a willingness to invest in creating the best possible IT platform for LEMAN and its employees to support this growth.
What will you be doing?
As an IT Portfolio Manager you will work closely with colleagues both in IT and in various business areas and become part of the IT leadership team reporting to the Group CIO. You will drive the governance structure for the IT portfolio in LEMAN and manage the portfolio from planning to reporting of portfolio status to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
You will work both on a strategic level facilitating the portfolio decision making process with leaders across LEMAN, scoping initiatives that will support LEMANs overall strategy in the long term in close collaboration with the IT leadership team and leaders in various business areas as well as executing yourself on e.g., creating investment proposals for new ideas to be evaluated for the portfolio and taking the lead on the IT projects until a project manager is assigned.
You are expected to develop our IT project management methodology and resource allocation processes with a pragmatic approach to ensure buy-in from stakeholders.
More specifically you can expect to
- Ensure the portfolio consists of the right mix of projects aligned to the business strategy
- Set the direction for the portfolio management area and developing it together with the IT leadership team
- Drive the governance structure for the IT portfolio in LEMAN and manage the IT portfolio from planning to reporting of portfolio status to stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Define and Own the governance structure and project management methodology for IT projects and larger IT changes in LEMAN
- Facilitate the decision process for the Executive Management Team with regards to which projects to undertake to maximize business value and outcome in the portfolio
- Business analysis responsibility in developing investment proposals for new ideas to be evaluated with regards to prioritization in the portfolio in close collaboration with colleagues in IT and business teams aligned with the governance structure
- Manage projects in the initial phases until a project manager is assigned
- Gathering and reporting metrics that describe the state of the IT portfolio incl. project portfolio status, financial health, and strategic alignment
- Establish a process and structure for resource allocation
The successful candidate will
- Be passionate about portfolio and project management
- Have a Bachelor or Master’s degree or similar within field, preferably with focus on IT and strategy or portfolio management
- Have min. 2-3 years of experience leading small, medium, and large-scale IT projects
- Have min. 3-4 years portfolio management experience of both portfolio planning, execution, and reporting
- Preferably have business analysis and business process management skills
- Have an outstanding ability to translate strategy into a portfolio of initiatives maximizing business outcomes
- PMP certification or equivalent is an advantage
- Works well at a strategic level but also ready to go into the details and execute
- Energetic, displaying determination and sound judgment, particularly when working with senior stakeholders and even under tight deadlines
- Trusted Partner speaking both business and technology – pro-active, result-oriented, outgoing, trustworthy, and strong on creating and managing relations to stakeholders
- A strong communicator – able to make your point come across both verbally and written
- Ability to work well with people from many different areas with varying degrees of project management expertise
- Proven track record in implementing a selective and pragmatic approach of all PM knowledge areas
You will get
A very exciting job in a flat and dynamic organization focusing on sustainable over the market growth. Your salary package will of course be competitive – and yes, we have good benefits as well. However, to us, it is all about quality, commitment, responsibility, focus and defining the right solutions to our customers and employees. We want you to participate in that mission and of course have fun along the way.
If you wish to apply for this position please click the Apply online button and fill in the application form.
Application deadline is 14.03.2021.
If you have any questions about the position please contact: email@example.com.
LEMAN was founded in 1900 as a productive partner for the industry within shipping, transport and logistics.
The company is still growing and employs approximately 700 employees in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, England and the United States.
LEMAN has a total disposal of 72,000 m2 terminal and logistics facilities and worldwide network of agent with about 200 import and export routes.