Mainframe Solution Architect
Are you an experienced Mainframe Architect? Are you looking for new opportunities and would you like to work for the largest Danish-based IT company? Then this might be the position for you.
You will join a team in KMD Technology Services & Projects (TSP). In this part of our organization, we support KMD’s strategic business units, who have customers in the public as well as the private sector in Denmark and abroad. We contribute to KMD’s overall goal by delivering IT infrastructure and solutions in cooperation with suppliers. To strengthen our Mainframe Center of Excellence, we are looking for a skilled Mainframe Architect with a lot of experience in the field.
About the job
In this role, you will support the business to win and rewin customer tenders. You will be defining technical solutions for KMD customers. To make the best solutions, you will be analyzing technical and business requirements to maximize the use and re-use of standard services and service components. You will be responsible for the process from the initial phase of solution design to building, testing and hand-over to production.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting customer engagement and upsell
- Draw customer technology roadmaps & release plans
- Solution design together with our SIAM partners
- Be the technical link between our customers and suppliers
- Ensure technology artefacts are updated
- Ensure guiding principles, policies and standards are met
- Manage mainframe software agreements and license cost controlling on customers
- Support the CSM Delivery Manager in customer clarifications and architectural decisions, if needed in cooperation with application architects
- Tender/RFP. Being responsible for technical artefacts/deliverables and cost cases ensures review of the artefacts
- Adhere to and support TSP’s and KMD’s architecture strategy and policies when defining customer-specific service solutions
- Feedback customer requirements and market trends into the Design Authority to identify new (standard) services to be developed and added to TSP’s Service Portfolio.
You will be working from the KMD location in Ballerup.
We are looking for an experienced and business-oriented Mainframe Architect who strive for constant improvement of our own competencies and of the solutions, we provide to the customer. You hold a degree within IT or something similar and you are analytically strong and know how to keep calm in stressful situations.
The right candidate will be able to identify with the following:
- 5 - 10+ years of experience as Mainframe Systems Programmer
- 5+ years of experience as Mainframe Solution Architect
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in both Danish and English
- Good knowledge of and experience with analysis, design, and test
- Ability to communicate and explain developed solutions to both customers and IT specialists
- See up-sale as a natural part of the customer dialogue
- Experience with tender writing
- ITIL and architect certifications
- Experience in using architectural tools, methods, and applications
- Mainframe applications off-load/migration would be a great advantage
- z/OS, CICS, DB2
- ITO Solutioning.
It is a prerequisite for employment, that you will have to get security approval.
KMD is the largest Danish-based IT company that develops and delivers software, solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark's public and financial sector and with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordic region. Our unique domain knowledge, reliability and approach to security and operational stability make KMD today one of the most recognized and used suppliers in the Danish IT industry.
KMD's solutions help streamline processes and create better service for customers every day all year round. For example, our systems handle payments of wages and social benefits. In total, it will be about 400 billion kroner a year, which equates to more than 20 % of Denmark's GDP. The KMD Group has an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Danish kroner and has about 3,500 employees.
KMD's head office is in Ballerup, but also has offices in Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg. In addition, KMD also has employees in Poland, and partners in India. KMD is owned by NEC - a global leader in integrating cutting-edge IT and networking technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. Nec employs more than 100,000 people globally.
KMD's size means that we offer a wide variety of professional challenges and a unique professional environment. With great know-how in complex areas of work and competent, ambitious and not least innovative employees, KMD is facing an international journey with the NEC. In KMD, we not only try to meet our customers' expectations, but strive to exceed them.
In KMD we expect to align with our employees through goal agreements and ongoing dialogue. It contributes to the mutual trust it takes to give our employees freedom under responsibility, flexibility and space to be who they are. KMD is a constant changing company where pace, agility and unknown parameters are a part of our everyday.