Software developer with experience working with Mainframe and Java
Are you eager to be a part of something bigger? Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? Do you want to be the senior developer, who is the go to guy when it comes design and developing our applications?
Then, you are the one we are looking for.
We are looking for a software developer ready to share and grow
You will be a part of a team, located in Herning, Roskilde and Warsaw, which have the responsibility for developing and maintaining applications in the custody area. This position can be either from Herning or Roskilde. There can be traveling activities between locations.
The team consists of IT developers, business analysts, product owner, and scrum master and is a part of the Custody Services department.
In order to create the best value for our customers, we have chosen to work in an agile setup according to the SAFe framework.
The department consists of 3 teams covering domain areas like custody, corporate actions, pool investment, and PAL tax. This position has a focus on the custody domain.
The biggest enablers in this area are new legislation requirements combined with new business requirements with focus on developing custody applications prepared for the future. Especially in the Custody area there will be many new sector requirements in the coming years, which will give the possibility to restructure and modernize existing applications.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as software developer you will work closely with business analysts, peers in the team and teams with operational responsibility. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop applications in the custody area. The platform is primary Mainframe, but it will be an advantage knowing how to develop APIs and UI based on Java
- Incident handling and support
- Communicate with the stakeholders with a service minded approach
- Understand the business requirements in order to implement the best IT solution
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an IT educational background at bachelor or master level. You have experience working with Mainframe applications and integrations to these.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Openminded towards different platforms and programming languages
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in various languages such as Cobol or PL/1 from the financial sector, telecom, pharma, or similar
- Experience with Java development is an advantage but not a requirement
- Business knowledge in the asset management area is an advantage
- Team-oriented attitude and experience in working in an agile development team
- You are structured and analytic and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate with stakeholders about tech stuff
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than March 14, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Peter Bak-Hansen, department manager on +45 41 93 97 63.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.