Experienced IT Infrastructure Lead with strong technical, architectural and collaborative competencies
We invite you to bring your experience in IT Infrastructure design and setup into play as you support Nordic RSC’s Business Operations through continuously improved IT infrastructure and operations architecture. To succeed in this role, you must have a proven track record in IT Infrastructure design and implementation. You will be part of our IT organization in Nordic RSC consisting of experienced team members.
Our office is in Copenhagen Towers, Ørestad, and you will have significant flexibility in terms of facilitating your work and working partly from home.
Our business processes and IT environment are closely integrated with the Nordic and other European TSOs - operating in close to real time. The infrastructure is outsourced to an external IT infrastructure partner, and as the Infrastructure Lead you will lead and develop the infrastructure area in close collaboration with our infrastructure partner.
As our new Infrastructure Lead, you will play a key role in designing and implementing new infrastructure services and technologies and you will be collaborating within the IT organization, the Business Service Teams, our strategic partners and international counterparts.
As our supply critical systems are based upon Microsoft Azure Stack (on premise) we need to rethink how we are taking advantage of new technologies while maintaining a solid focus on stability and security.
Your key challenges and responsibilities will be to:
- Be in charge of IT infrastructure design, roadmaps and projects
- Plan, design, and drive implementation of IT infrastructure services.
- Propose and coordinate choice of technologies and components.
- Design and manage the requirements to the outsourcing partners and their performance.
- Work closely with our IT security and Enterprise architecture to ensure compliance and alignment.
- Support and collaborate closely with Nordic RSC’s other teams, advising on infrastructure architecture and solutions which requires a quite substantial effort.
- Ensure the infrastructure environment is well documented.
- Ensure robustness of operational infrastructure environment
Are you ready for a steep learning curve and continuous development?
From the moment you join Nordic RSC, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company.
For this role, we believe your background is:
- In-depth IT infrastructure knowledge and 5+ years of experience with operationalizing IT infrastructure from a similar role within an international organization
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry in general
- Technical expertise in Microsoft cloud technologies and on-prem infrastructure, computing, storage and networking architecture
- Good understanding of various cloud services and solutions - SaaS, IaaS, PaaS along with all cloud models (public, private, hybrid, multiple vendor solutions etc.)
- Understanding of IAM, cyber security and ITIL
- Experience with technical writing, requirement specifications, and defining implementation guides
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, as it is the company language
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include the ability to build relationships and trust, so your business colleagues see you as their partner, focusing on finding solutions and creating value for the business – as well as the ability to understand and navigate in a complex, relationship-based international organization to achieve key objectives.
Furthermore, you are team worker with excellent communication and collaboration skills and an international mindset. You are structured, have a good understanding of complex environments and a will for learning new and emerging technologies - as well as an agile mindset with the ability to accept changes.
Application and contact information
Send your motivated application and resume as soon as possible and no later than 14 March. If you have any questions, please contact IT Manager Bjarne Dahl, tel. +45 20 55 26 71. For further information about Nordic RSC please follow this link: https://nordic-rsc.net
Special terms and conditions
Please note that the appointed candidate must go through a mandatory security clearance.
The energy sector in Europe is undergoing a dramatic transition towards the fully carbon neutral, sustainable energy system. The Nordic countries have set particularly stretching targets for this transition during this decade including introducing Energy Islands. Nordic RSC is a key player in this transition as the provider of regional power system information and analysis to support the national transmission system operators (TSO) to ensure the efficient operation and high security of power supply at any time. Nordic RSC was established in 2017 and is still in a fast development and transition to operation. We are an entrepreneurial team of international professionals; we work closely together with our Nordic colleagues, European counterparts and external partners and strive to deliver results in time to support the Green Energy transition. As a part of our further development Nordic RSC will be incorporated as an independent company. A major implementation project for this change is just initiated.