Information and Data Architect with strong technical experience and collaborative competencies
Nordic RSC is embarking on an exciting journey towards a highly data-driven Nordic service organization, which must be supported by a central data and analytics structure. We are therefore looking for an Information and Data Architect who will be the focal point for strengthening Nordic RSC's technical competencies and capabilities in the data area. To succeed in this role, you must have a proven track record in data architecture and operational implementation. You will be part of our IT organization in Nordic RSC consisting of experienced team members.
Our office is in Copenhagen Towers, Ørestad, and you will have significant flexibility in terms of facilitating your work and working partly from home.
It will be your most important task to establish and operate a data management concept with the primary purpose to create a framework around data in Nordic RSC, ensure that we have the best possible data quality, and support the business in the use of data. Furthermore, to design and implement monitoring functionality, so we can react proactively on problems in dataflows.
As our new Information and Data Architect, you will play a key role in designing and implementing new data services and technologies and you will be collaborating within the IT organization, the Business Service Teams, our strategic partners and international counterparts.
As our supply critical systems are based upon Microsoft Azure Stack (on premise) we need to rethink how we are taking advantage of new technologies while maintaining a solid focus on operational stability and security.
Your key challenges and responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and maintain the data architecture and a data catalogue
- Be responsible for the data model and description (architecture, documentation and metadata description in collaboration with business)
- Ensure data is modeled and consistently used across the enterprise through close collaboration with the domain/business analysts and other Nordic RSC architects.
- Discuss solutions with our software application vendors to understand and incorporate their data in the data model and responsibility matrix.
- Support projects by guiding IT vendors in our standards and requirements for data
- Represent Nordic RSC in data model, dataflow and architecture coordination and collaboration in Nordic and European fora.
- Participate and tightly collaborate with Nordic RSC Business Service Development to understand current and future data needs and support operators to make data-driven-decisions within our Nordic Coordination Center.
- Comply with security requirements and data classification in collaboration with CISO
- Optimize and document data, as well as ensuring high data quality
- Participate in designing data solutions for use of business analysts, machine learning, AI and analytics solutions.
- Evaluate Azure cloud data technologies and tools and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
- Work with portfolio manager to assess future changes and demand for data storage and compliance to data model.
- Access control framework for data in cooperation with relevant security authority
- Cooperate with Enterprise and System architect to create consistent architecture design
Are you ready for a steep learning curve and continuous development?
From the moment you join Nordic RSC, we will support your personal and professional development, so that you grow with the company.
For this role, we believe your background is:
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Data Science
- Experience with Python, SQL, Analysis Service, ETL tool (s) and Gitlab (incl. Pipelines)
- Experience with Cloud-based data solutions in Azure – including Azure SQL DW / DB.
- Experience with data modeling, data management and technical documentation
- Experience from Infrastructure & Operations organizations will be an advantage
- Business flair and the ability to understand the business context that needs to be illuminated with data
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, as it is the company language
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include the ability to build relationships and trust, so your business colleagues see you as their partner, focusing on finding solutions and creating value for the business – as well as the ability to understand and navigate in a complex, relationship-based international organization to achieve key objectives
Furthermore, you are team worker with excellent communication and collaboration skills and an international mindset. You are structured, analytical and quality driven, have a good understanding of complex environments and a will for learning new and emerging technologies - as well as an agile mindset with the ability to accept changes.
Application and contact information
Send your motivated application and resume as soon as possible and no later than 14 March. If you have any questions, please contact IT Manager Bjarne Dahl, tel. +45 20 55 26 71. For further information about Nordic RSC please follow this link: https://nordic-rsc.net
Special terms and conditions
Please note that the appointed candidate must go through a mandatory security clearance.
The energy sector in Europe is undergoing a dramatic transition towards the fully carbon neutral, sustainable energy system. The Nordic countries have set particularly stretching targets for this transition during this decade including introducing Energy Islands. Nordic RSC is a key player in this transition as the provider of regional power system information and analysis to support the national transmission system operators (TSO) to ensure the efficient operation and high security of power supply at any time. Nordic RSC was established in 2017 and is still in a fast development and transition to operation. We are an entrepreneurial team of international professionals; we work closely together with our Nordic colleagues, European counterparts and external partners and strive to deliver results in time to support the Green Energy transition. As a part of our further development Nordic RSC will be incorporated as an independent company. A major implementation project for this change is just initiated.