DevOps Engineer with interest in Business Applications
Are you passionate about IT and do you enjoy acting as the connecting link between software and infrastructure? Would you like a job filled with opportunities to develop your technical skills and continuously increase your level of responsibility? Right now, we are looking for a colleague who can help us operate, optimise and monitor on one of the core systems for our entire value chain.
Join a team with expert-level collaboration skills
When joining our DevOps team, you also become part of the IT Operations & Services department with the shared aim to enable, develop and facilitate the enterprise IT environment, which hosts the organisational IT services and solutions in a fast-paced business environment. In the DevOps team, we seek to build a bridge between our skilled developers and our passionate infrastructure engineers. We optimise, troubleshoot, debug and monitor complex systems and services, and we provide the link that ensures our core business applications function well. Our work centralises around an ETRM application called Allegro and all services playing a part in the upstream/downstream functionality of Allegro. Apart from operational tasks, we take great pride in optimising observability, stability and we are always curious to expand our tool stack to further our DevOps journey. You will join a team of social colleagues who share a passion for IT and a can-do attitude. We have daily knowledge sharing sessions and stand-ups, and we always pride ourselves on having fun as we go along.
A team-player passionate about DevOps
We imagine that you have at least 2-3 years’ experience working with software development and/or IT Infrastructure. And ideally, you have experience working on container technologies (k8s, helm, GitOps, cncf-tech). As our new colleague, you value close collaboration and knowledge sharing and thrive in an environment where personal and professional advancement are high on the agenda.
Your journey as our new DevOps Engineer
Starting out, you will be introduced to our IT infrastructure setup. You will get a thorough introduction to our tool stack and roadmap and learn how we develop and deploy within our area of expertise. You will be working on a vast variety of both well-known tools – Teamcity, ELK, Jira, OctopusDeploy – and internally built services with a primary focus on our ETRM application. On the long term, you will be given a chance to dive deeper into our architecture and help us on our journey towards a more cloud-native setup. You will get a high degree of responsibility and influence on the direction that suits you. We educate and develop all our employees to continuously ensure a high level of innovation in the team. And of course, we provide individual development plans to ensure this.
"If you want to expand your knowledge and try out your skills with critical DevOps systems, this is the place to be!" - Jon Alexander Schou, Manager, Head of DevOps.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- improve platform architecture of our trading solution, Allegro and its proxy services
- debug, troubleshoot, monitor and analyse logs and system statistics
- improve, develop and maintain tooling targeting the ETRM solution as well as the CI/CD that lies prior
- support our journey towards a more container-based solution
- collaborate with Software Development, Business Intelligence, Business Analysts and the traders
We expect that you:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience working with software development and/or IT Infrastructure. Preferably with experience with container technologies (k8s, helm, GitOps, cncf-tech) but this is not a requirement
- have hands-on experience with CI/CD and pipelines
- preferably have experience with scripting or coding proficiency in languages such as; C#, Powershell, python, go or bash
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are passionate and curios about IT architecture and cloud-native technologies. We like to explore, and you will feel at home if you love to discuss new tech or how to solve interesting challenges
- are analytical by nature and love digging into root cause analysis as this is the basis of what we do – analyse and act on empirical knowledge
- thrive working in a team, and enjoy sharing knowledge as we consider it a crucial ability to not just share knowledge but mentor each other to improve and hone our skills
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Jon Alexander Schou
Manager, Head of DevOps
T: +45 2180 8688
Application deadline: 17/04