Software Development Engineer
Would you like to work with the user interface for state-of-the-art engineering software that enables space agencies and spacecraft manufacturers to design high-performance antennas in space and on the ground?
We are looking for a talented C++ programmer with experience in user interface design and implementation for our Qt desktop applications. Your role will be to create user interfaces and data visualizations to our constantly evolving electromagnetic modelling and analysis methods. You will work in collaboration with our antenna specialists in all phases of the software development process from requirements specification to building final releases.
You get to work with experts in antenna theory and computational electromagnetics. They develop the algorithms and the data that your user interface controls and your 2D and 3D visualisations present. In this role, you will be part of TICRA’s front end team of 6 user interface developers.
You will work as a software engineer on our Qt based applications for the desktop environment. You will
- Design and implement aspects of the user interface for our antenna modelling applications
- Maintain and improve the quality of the existing code base
- Maintain and develop automated user tests and unit tests
- You are a citizen of a NATO/EU country
- MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills and modern standards (C++-17 and beyond)
- Experience with graphical user interface development in Qt Widgets
- Experience with automated tests and continuous integration
- Ability to understand and work with a large existing code base and eager to further improve it
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
- Experience with multi-platform development in Qt
- Experience with OpenGL and Qt3D
- Experience with scripting environments, such as Python
- Experience with code review process
- Experience with automated tests
- Experience with threaded and parallel programming
Why join TICRA
We offer you a unique opportunity to work in a knowledge-driven company that has delivered state-of-the-art software products to the global satellite industry for half a century. You will work alongside some of the best engineers in the field, who are passionate about their work and focused on knowledge sharing and teamwork. You will join a company that ensures development of professional and personal skills and a good work-life balance in an international and social working environment.
Application and contact
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark your email with “Software Development Engineer” in the subject line. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Jacob Lorensen, Team Lead, on telephone number +45 53821624 or via email email@example.com.
TICRA is the world's leading supplier of consultancy and software for antenna modelling and mission planning within the satellite industry, including spacecraft manufacturers, earth-station antenna suppliers, defence industries and research institutions.
With more than 45 years of experience, TICRA continues to be at the forefront of developing trusted solutions for the space industry. Our software packages have become the industry standard for leading spacecraft manufacturers and space agencies around the world.
TICRA is a dynamic company with more than 30 employees located in central Copenhagen, Denmark, and with sales agents around the world.
For more information about TICRA, please visit www.ticra.com.