Area director for Business Development & Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO)
Do you want to set the strategic direction for the future banking platform for more than 20 Danish banks in the BEC community? Do you have an exceptional track record from positions as Head of business development, Head of strategy portfolio office or similar positions within financial services? Are you ready to take on the responsibility for Business Development & EPMO in one of Denmark’s largest FinTech companies? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
The area director will play a vital role in driving an ambitious business development agenda and ensuring a capable and efficient EPMO
In March 2021, BEC launched an updated strategy – TechUp Winning Customers – to sharpen our focus on customers and deliveries. BEC aims to be the best scalable IT service partner, building trust and straightforward banking for the Danish society.
In this position, you will join the division Customers & Business Transformation and head up the newly established area Business Development & EPMO, which is made up of 20 highly skilled employees with expert knowledge and the capabilities required in an international FinTech company. You will be based at our HQ in Roskilde and report to the Head of Customers & Business Transformation, who is also a member of BEC’s executive team.
Primary task and responsibilities
The area director will enter BEC in a vital position responsible for Business Development & EPMO and be part of the division management team. The area director will collaborate across the BEC value chain and ensure the voice of the customer.
The tasks and responsibilities in the area will, among others, include:
- Drive business planning for the BEC community; setting strategic focus areas, building investment scenarios, roadmaps etc. in close cooperation with the BEC community Business Strategy Boards
- Ensure that overall strategic direction is translated into 5 quarter roadmaps – maximizing the value created from the investments both short and long term
- Ensure a good and effective cooperation across BEC domains, who will execute on the initiatives
- Ensure transparency on value creation, delivery plans, status, and cost, etc.
- Continuously improve the business development and portfolio management capability in BEC to increase predictability, agility, and value creation
- Contribute to the optimization of BEC's general methods, structures, work processes, and tools that can result in more efficient execution of the portfolio
- Ensure continuous development of high performing employees with clear roles, responsibilities, and processes
Top ambitious business development executive highly experienced within planning and execution of large transformations in financial services
We are looking for a highly experienced business development executive with a substantial business development and transformation track record within the financial services sector.
Ideally, we are looking for the following competencies and experience:
- Leadership capabilities – exceptional proven track record of leading high-performance business development and portfolio management teams
- Substantial strategy and business development track record incl. focus on how to deliver value to customers through the application of new and existing technologies. Deep insight in the financial sector, preferable in Denmark
- Proven stakeholder and network management capabilities including strong communication skills. Especially ability to engage in dialogue and strategic direction-setting with senior management customer representatives through facilitation of relevant forums and meetings
- Ability to build a strong community across BEC and with customers to ensure the success development and execution of the portfolio
- Highly experienced in planning and executing large transformations including securing buy-in from collaborating customers
- Understanding the requirement of delivering in a community setting and ability to navigate and thrive in this environment
Candidates for the positions must hold a relevant education at master’s level and have a high proficiency in Danish and English both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of finance and tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume. The deadline for applications is April 11, 2021. However, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you have questions related to the position, please do not hesitate to contact Lars Malmberg on +45 46 38 26 58 or Jan Peter Larsen on +45 46 76 37 80.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.