React/Node.js Senior Fullstack Engineer
On behalf of SumUp, Bloom is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who will be working together with other engineers, product owners and product designers to deliver the most effective and well designed invoicing & accounting software in the world. As a part of the Invoicing and Accounting team, your mission is to help small business heroes around the world focus on what they love to do with their business. That is providing amazing services and products to their customers, rather than to have to worry about how they invoice them or ensure they have all the necessary documentation to complete their accounting at the end of the year.
What you’ll do
As part of a small team (squad) of 4-5 engineers, you will work with product and design to improve the User Experience for SumUps merchants. As a Senior Engineer you will help the team grow - coach and mentor other engineers to further develop their professional and interpersonal skills.
Besides this, you and your team will:
- Drive design and extension of their APIs, both for internal and external use (customers & partners)
- Improve SumUps user interface and help deliver innovative customer facing features
- Develop integrations towards internal capabilities provided by other squads within payment & banking
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive documentation and testing for your features before shipping them
- Provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 5-7 years’ relevant experience in agile large scale ecosystems and first-hand experience in mentoring.
- You have experience with microservices architecture, Restful API design, CI/CD and operating in a cloud environment, ideally Heroku.
- You strive for code quality, know how to create meaningful tests and care about usability, but also know how to be pragmatic.
- You’re an ambassador for communication and collaboration, embracing trust and respect to shape a healthy team and feedback culture.
- You're taking initiative to propose and pursue your ideas, are keen to experiment and have the perseverance to move initiatives forward.
- You’re fluent in English.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll have the opportunity to focus on a new product with worldwide reach to millions of customers in 50+ countries.
- You´ll be a part of a highly autonomous team with plenty of opportunities for you to drive innovation at SumUp, develop your career and leave your mark. You’ll work with a state of the art software development process and a DNA geared on shipping great software products.
- SumUp is a truly global company & fast growing fintech company of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents and with offices in some of the liveliest cities across the globe.
- SumUp have a dedicated annual budget for attending conferences and advancing your career through further education. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks.
- SumUp dedicate time every other week for side-projects and open source initiatives.
- You’ll be part of a close, welcoming and international community. Employees get together regularly for brunches, office events, AMA sessions, hackathons, training, English/Danish lessons or yoga classes, to name a few.
- SumUp offer numerous other benefits, corporate pension scheme, relocation assistance, subsidised office lunches, and a gorgeous place to work in central Copenhagen near The Lakes.
- You’ll join up with a passionate and talented group of people working on a mission together in a relaxed and nice working environment.
How to apply:
Please do not hesitate to send your CV as soon as possible, as we at Bloom evaluate applications from day to day. If you need more information, please contact Senior Consultant, Robert Krogh Steffensen on email@example.com or telephone. +45 53 62 93 00.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.