Senior Software Consultant
Are you a developer by heart and consultant by skills? Configit has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Consultant who has the right balance of coding skills and the motivation of being the customers trusted advisor. We need a Senior Software Consultant who thrives in the exciting field of configuration, pricing and quoting and who has experience in working with a client-facing environment, where you combine your technical expertise with a business-oriented approach.
As Configit’s new Senior Software Consultant you will play a central role in implementation of Configit Solutions, consulting both clients and implementation partners in the utilization and on the needs and optimal solutions using our technologies. You will ensure that Configit drives the customer and/or partner towards a successful and valuable implementation solution.
What you’ll do
The Senior Software Consultant is working closely with clients to understand their business requirements and processes and to implement solutions, based on Configit products, that generate business value for the client. Using Configit’s powerful technology you will be working in project teams to implement advanced configuration and quoting applications for mobile, desktop and the web. Continuous dialogue with the customer and partners is key to identifying and delivering the optimal solution.
You will be part of the Delivery Consulting team at the Headquarters in Copenhagen, but also work closely with colleagues in our offices in US, UK and Germany.
When joining Configit, the first activity for you will be to gain strong knowledge of Configit’s products, enabling you to fill the role as a consultant and trusted advisor to clients and customers. In more detail your responsibilities as Senior Software Consultant falls into the following areas:
- Implement configuration applications
- Provide product and systems configuration consultancy to clients
You will work closely with clients to learn about their products and understand their business requirements and processes. In this process you will identify and analyze configuration needs and solutions.
- Ensure delivery quality and cost-effectiveness
You will work in close collaboration with Project Management, Implementation Leads and the rest of the implementation team to ensure that we deliver quality solutions on time and efficiently.
- Consult clients and partners in best practices in utilizing Configit technologyYou will consult clients and partners towards best practices in utilizing Configit’s technology. You will also contribute to and communicate best practices to clients, partners and your colleagues.
- Implement interfaces to 3rd party systems
You will implement interfaces between Configit Products and the Client’s 3rd party enterprise systems, such as ERP, CRM, or PLM systems, to facilitate a single source of truth for configuration, pricing, and quoting data and enable the client to leverage Configuration Lifecycle Management in their business processes.
We expect that you
From the technical perspective
- Have experience as client-facing Consultant, Engineer, or Configuration Engineer with complex software solutions responsibility or as a product expert within a complex product area
- Have experience in working with agile methods
- Have experience with describing or analyzing technical products or systems
From a personal perspective
- Have +5 years’ experience within software consulting and/or similar position in a client facing environment
- Have a master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or similar
- Have proven ability to work and keep an overview across professional and technical disciplines, internally as well as externally
- Are fluent in English (speaking and writing language skills)
Additionally, it will be an advantage if you have experience with CRM, ERP, CPQ, PLM or similar Enterprise Software Systems, and CAD programs such as CATIA, SolidWorks, PTC Creo, Autodesk Inventor or similar.
What we offer
A unique opportunity in a dynamic, ambitious and international environment where;
- We work with complex and challenging products which redefine what companies are capable of
- We believe in a healthy work-life balance, a trademark of the Danish culture
- We work closely together across all disciplines
- We believe in knowledge sharing and continued learning
- We socialize together, with clubs for lovers of sports, board games, music and more
- We are engaged and passionately work closely together across all disciplines
- We cherish an informal and open culture where the customers are in focus
The deadline for applying for the position is May 9, 2021 and we will review applications and invite for interviews at an ongoing basis.
We build configuration solutions for manufacturing companies to master the challenges of getting configurable products and services to market faster, and to sell, manufacture, and service them more effectively.
Trusted by the world’s largest manufacturing companies for their mission-critical functions, our advanced configuration platform built on Virtual Tabulation® technology handles the most complex products on the market.
ABB, Jaguar Land Rover, John Deere, Grundfos, Vestas, Siemens, Danfoss amongst others. Please visit our website www.configit.com for further information.