Linux IT Systems Engineer for compute power project
Are you looking for an opportunity to play a leading role in creating and implementing our first Compute Power cluster? And can you see yourself in a team with a high nerd-factor? Then you might be the new colleague to join our young and skilled IT infrastructure team!
IT Infrastructure & Support at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is a leading energy trading company. Every day, we complete thousands of trades, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. To make this possible, our IT Infrastructure & Support plays a vital role in enabling the business.
In IT Infrastructure & Support, we enable, develop and facilitate the enterprise IT environment, which hosts the organisational IT services and solutions in a fast-paced business environment. We are continuously optimising our platform with new and best-practice solutions to ensure high-availability, stability and performance.
Join a team of passionate IT nerds
As our new talented Linux IT Systems Engineer for a new Compute Power Project, you will join a team of skilled, curious, and passionate nerds who strive to deliver IT solutions of the highest quality. You will be part of a culture that is characterised by a strong team spirit, a high level of knowledge-sharing, a helpful can-do attitude – and of course a great sense of humour! We provide an educative environment with focus on individual development, which allows a continuous improvement of your skills and responsibilities. The right candidate for this position is therefore eager to learn, curious about IT and wants to make a difference.
Develop and implement a scalable Compute Power solution – are you up for it?
Starting out, you will be introduced to the team, our daily routines and our IT infrastructure to provide you with the best fundamentals for your future work. During your first period, we will introduce you to our work with Compute Power and its roadmap, so you can take on your leading role in developing and implementing this scalable solution. Down the road, you will be responsible for the further automation and optimisation of the system, development of support systems and integration with our other Linux systems to form our Linux eco system. The Compute Power project is an important project at DC, as it will support the business’ algorithm calculations and processes by providing the necessary platform.
"THIS IS AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT THE FIRST COMPUTE POWER SETUP IN ONE OF EUROPE’S LEADING ENERGY TRADING COMPANIES. ARE YOU UP FOR IT?"
- MADS HALD CHRISTENSEN, MANAGER, HEAD OF INFRASTRUCTURE & SUPPORT.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- play a leading role in creating and implementing DC’s first Compute Power cluster, enabling our people to calculate complex models and (try to) predict the future
- automate the deployment process to eliminate manual dependencies and ensure fast and successful deployment every time
- monitor and operate the Compute Power cluster so that we obtain high availability and stability, ensuring that people can trust our system and perform even better
- evolve and expand the Compute Power cluster to include all our business units
- ensure the Compute Power cluster becomes a part of DC’s eco system
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant degree in information technology
- minimum 2-3 years’ experience working with planning, designing, operating, documenting and managing Linux infrastructure
- experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are comfortable working independently as well as in a team setup. You will get your own areas of responsibility, but will also need to be able to work across the team and with stakeholders across DC
- see opportunities where others see problems. To secure a running business operation, you will employ a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, choosing the best solution for each problem
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small, as the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Application Deadline: 26/04.