Linux IT Systems Engineer for Infrastructure and Automation
Are you passionate about Linux, optimisation and automation of IT infrastructure and solutions? And would you like to work closely with highly skilled IT professionals, who are eager to share their knowledge with you? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for to collaborate with our IT and algo trading teams.
IT Infrastructure & Support at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is a leading energy trading company. Every day, we complete thousands of trades, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. To make this possible, our IT Infrastructure & Support plays a vital role in enabling the business.
In IT Infrastructure & Support, we enable, develop and facilitate the enterprise IT environment, which hosts the organisational IT services and solutions in a fast-paced business environment. We are continuously optimising our platform with new and best-practice solutions to ensure high-availability, stability and performance.
Join a team of passionate IT nerds
As our new, talented Linux IT Systems Engineer, you will join a team of skilled, curious, and passionate nerds who strive to deliver IT solutions of the highest quality. You will be part of a culture that is characterised by a strong team spirit, a high level of knowledge-sharing, a helpful can-do attitude – and of course a great sense of humour! We provide an educative environment with focus on individual development, which allows a continuous improvement of your skills and responsibilities. The right candidate for this position is therefore eager to learn, curious about IT and wants to make a difference.
An opportunity to significantly impact our Linux landscape
Starting out, you will get a thorough introduction to the team, IT infrastructure and the future IT road map. Your first assignment will be to master our existing Linux infrastructure, so that you are able to help our stakeholders use our systems in the most optimal way. On the longer term, you will play a significant role in designing and developing our future Linux infrastructure and management systems. You will be a key part in setting the direction and implementing our increasing need for Linux solutions and hosting. We work closely together with our stakeholders in the Algo Trading team and you will be responsible for solving the future challenges of maturing one of our big and complex systems for production as well as coordinating, planning and maintaining the system.
"THIS JOB IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE YOUR MARK, BUILDING A STRONG AND SCALABLE LINUX CORE INFRASTRUCTURE!"
- MADS HALD CHRISTENSEN, MANAGER, HEAD OF INFRASTRUCTURE & SUPPORT
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- play a leading role in designing, developing and maintaining our increasing Linux infrastructure and solutions
- increase the level of automation around our Linux systems
- optimise, improve and maintain our current Linux platform and solutions
- ensure scalability, back-up, high-availability, stability, deployment, patching, best practice and performance of current and new Linux installations
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant degree in information technology
- have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with planning, designing, operating, documenting and managing Linux infrastructure
- ideally, you have experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- preferably, have knowledge about or experience with Redhat and OpenShift
- are fluent in English – both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are comfortable working indecently as well as a team. You will get your own areas of responsibility, but you will also need to be able to work across the team and with stakeholders across DC
- see opportunities where others see problems. To secure a running business operation, you will employ a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, choosing the best solution for each problem
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small, as the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Application Deadline: 26/04.