DevOps engineer for space data
Are you passionate about data engineering, cloud technology, and best practice in DevOps? Do you want to make a positive impact on the world, monitoring and preserving ecosystems globally and guiding human activity for sustainable development? Join us leveraging satellite imagery at cloud scale.
About DHI GRAS
At DHI GRAS, we connect Earth observations from space with people. We know satellites and how to refine and combine their data to bring out insights about environment, water, renewable energy, urban development, and many more areas of our physical environment to the public and clients all over the world.
We are a young and international company of remote sensing experts, data scientists, software developers, and project leaders, many with a science background and all with curiosity to learn and make use of the ever-growing capabilities of satellites and newest technologies. We have 20 years of experience in our field and have been expanding rapidly in recent years.
With around 25 employees, DHI GRAS is at the same time a small and agile company and a global enterprise: We are the space-specialist daughter company of the larger and renowned engineering company DHI, that has offices all around the world. We are located at the group’s headquarters in Hørsholm and work closely together with our colleagues in Denmark and abroad to share knowledge, experience, and supporting functions.
See our projects to get a sense of what we do: https://dhi-gras.com/projects/
- Join a dedicated team of three frontend and four backend developers
- Take responsibility for our deployment of satellite data flows, web apps, and supporting cloud infrastructure
- Define, implement, and teach good design patterns for lightweight and developer-friendly systems
- Move software into operations with Docker, Kubernetes, workflow manager software, and monitoring tools
- Collaborate closely with our remote sensing analysts to put their algorithms on compute-steroids
- Learn and keep progressing in an environment of changing projects and opportunities to keep improving
- Build on and contribute to open-source software and social coding
- Be an integral part of a tech-minded team and get sparring both here and across the global company
- Experienced or bright early-career computer science graduate or related field
- Passionate about best practice in deployment of cloud services for data, like managed databases, serverless functions, infrastructure as code, security, reliability – vast experience not required, but a strong interest is a must
- Tech-affine with a sense for strengths and weaknesses of software and systems
- Unix-native, familiar with container technologies, too
- Acquainted with deploying cloud services in Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experienced in software development (including Git).
- Most of our software is Python-based, so you should be familiar with that
- Curious, self-driven, and a fast learner
- Pro-active in communicating and proficient in English
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, security, access policies, networking, subnets, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure and configuration management with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Understanding of data flow automation and orchestration software like Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, Dask, Luigi, Celery, etc.
- Acquaintance with Kubernetes and solid experience with Docker
- Flair for light-weight deployment, dev-friendliness, low-maintenance
- Passion for social coding and open source
- A versatile and challenging job with focus on developing and expanding your skills and growing together
- A social and fun international working environment with innovative and dedicated colleagues, on Slack and in person
- Data you can relate to: beautiful maps of our physical environment
- Work on projects that have an immediate positive impact on environment and people and get great exposure internationally (ESA, public agencies, UN, NGOs, renewable energy industry, agriculture, …)
- Close interaction with our satellite data experts, developers, and project owners
- Strong culture for feedback and recognition for your work
- Really nice office space and equipment in DHI’s newly built headquarters in green surroundings in Hørsholm
- Fun and varied company events like Friday bars, seasonal parties, and outings, also remote
- A healthy work environment with room for family and social life
- Remote work flexibility
Office location: Hørsholm, Denmark - 25 km north of Copenhagen.
Application / next step
Please submit your application including CV via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website: http://www.dhigroup.com/careers.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2021.
Want to know more?
For further information please visit DHI-GRAS.COM or contact Head of Software and Technology Jonas Sølvsteen (JOSL@DHIGROUP.COM) + 45 4516 9479. Please tell us about your skills and about what motivates you to seek this position.