Senior Software Developer
Who you are
You’re a Jill/Jack of all trades, always trying new things and seeing how far you can push your coding skills. You want to be as hands-on as possible, and there’s nothing more satisfying than driving a project from idea to completion. Where others see problems, you see fun puzzles to solve, and you aren’t afraid to speak your mind when you think there’s room for innovation.
You enjoy being part of a well-functioning team and learning from talented colleagues – that is, as long as you have the freedom to manage your time, tasks, and projects your way.
You’d prefer the flexibility to work from home or the office as it suits you, and when at the office, you like a dynamic, international vibe. And is it so much to ask for some office ping pong, foosball, and a gaming console? (It isn’t.)
Who we are
We’re a high-growth technology company made up of vibrant, innovative people from all over the globe who believe in making the internet just a little fairer for everyone. We help some of the world’s biggest companies manage their busiest days, giving them peace of mind to deliver the online experience they’ve worked hard to create, no matter the demand. By providing online virtual waiting rooms, we take the burden off their websites, allowing them to keep things running smoothly while ensuring a fair, first-in-first-out waiting experience for literally billions of online visitors.
We've been in business for over a decade now, but we still maintain a strong startup culture. This creates an environment that fosters team spirit, encourages continuous collaboration, promotes constant knowledge sharing, and champions an agile approach to work.
While we’re based in Copenhagen, the team represents nearly 40 different nationalities. That means diversity and inclusion are major priorities for us.
As a Senior Software Developer, you’ll work with an autonomous product team that translates in-depth business knowledge into innovative solutions and loveable software. The team is responsible for all stages between the idea and final product, including design, architecture, implementation, testing, and operations – and you’ll have the chance to help with all of it.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and open-source frameworks and see your work used by billions of end-users.
What you get to do every day
- Work with a diverse group of passionate, professional, and agile software engineers
- Speak your mind, expect to be heard, and strive to make a difference
- Use optimal tools for the job and work with a broad range of technologies such as .Net Core, C#, Node.js, TypeScript, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Docker, Angular, and more - see our stack
- Freedom and time to work on your own ideas, learn new technologies stay current with the latest trends and tools
- Benefit from a flexible workday, where you plan and organize your own time, tasks, and WFH schedule, so you can enjoy a balanced work-life
What you bring to the team
- Minimum 4 years experience in software development
- Ability to work in such tools as TypeScript, C#, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), and agile processes
- Solid English communication skills, both written and verbal (Danish not required)
- You like taking initiative and bring tasks to completion
- Can work independently, but know that it is a team effort
- Technical education or bachelor's degree (in engineering, for example) would be an advantage
The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, contact our CTO and Co-Founder Martin Pronk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Queue-it headquarters is currently located in Ballerup but will be moving to central Copenhagen in summer 2021. Employees should be local but can enjoy the flexibility to work from home or in the office.
Click the apply button to send your CV and application in English and let us know why you’re excited to help us grow. We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!
Queue-it is committed to employing a diverse staff. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.