A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 66 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join the Tech team at Too Good To Go in Copenhagen.
- Being part of building and evolving our backend services and infrastructure to stay ahead of our growth curve
- Building exciting new features for our customers and business partners
- Help take conceptual ideas and turn them into production-ready scalable features
- Integration with 3rd party systems, e.g. PSP's, ERP, CRM, BI
- Digitalizing manual processes for our colleagues in Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, Finance etc
- Guide and help grow less experienced colleagues
- Solid experience with the Java Ecosystem
- Experienced with building scalable solutions
- Java, Spring, MySQL and Git
- Minimum 5 years of experience from a similar role
- Relevant Master’s degree in computer science or any other relevant technical education
The ideal candidate:
- Is hungry for making a difference.
- Is a strong team-player.
- Not afraid of challenges.
- Takes responsibility for own projects from kick-off to deployed and running.
- Takes pride in making quality code.
- Has worked with Domain-Driven Design and Clean or Hexagonal Architecture.
- Knows AWS services (SQS, SNS, S3, …), ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker and Kubernetes.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 800+ enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 15 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- An opportunity to influence our product, design and ways of working, every day.
- Modern Java platform using Spring Boot and Java 11.
- An open company culture and an informal atmosphere where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English telling us why you are the right fit for this position.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.