Senior IT Specialist - Citrix
Job Req Number: 32630
Time Type: Full Time
Would you like to expand your knowledge and work as a Senior IT Specialist (Citrix) in one of the biggest Citrix environments in Europe?
As a Senior IT Specialist (Citrix), you will be working with a high degree of professional freedom, as well as contributing to a wide range of projects and global applications.
Join the Global Desktop Services Team in Global IT operations
At DSV’s headquarters in Hedehusene close to Copenhagen, you will be a member of our Global Desktop Services Team, which is part of the Global Desktop & Application Services department within IT Operations. Together, we will support a large and complex Citrix environment consisting of 35,000+ Citrix users and more than 2500 servers across the globe.
Our technologies cover:
- Citrix Virtual Apps
- Citrix Virtual Desktop
- Citrix Automation (full stack from HW to Application Delivery)
- Microsoft O365
- Microsoft Azure
- Citrix performance monitoring.
As some of your colleagues work in Poland, Philippines, Portugal, and Singapore alongside the other teams of the Global Desktop & Application Services Department, you will collaborate closely with colleagues across these locations and time zones. In this connection, you will travel around 10-15 days per year as you visit our Polish offices or other DSV sites.
Contribute to projects and provide 3rd level support
As a Senior IT Specialist (Citrix), you will work closely with the whole Global Desktop & Application Services department as well as other relevant stakeholders within the DSV organization.
Doing so, you collaborate closely with the technology architect, our Citrix vendor and the other Citrix specialists in your team. You will get to:
- Take technical responsibility for the overall Citrix environment (expand and maintain the Citrix infrastructure).
- Provide support of day-to-day operations of the Citrix environment, including proactive monitoring and management.
- Create and maintain the Windows Server images.
- Prepare and maintain the applications delivered via the Citrix platform.
- Design, prepare and maintain the technical documentation for the Citrix environment.
- Actively support projects and the Problem Management processes associated with the Citrix environment.
- Wyse terminals management within Wyse Manager, their configuration and diagnosis.
- Research, evaluate and recommend changes in hardware, software, data communications, and techniques that contribute to more effective automated systems capabilities.
- Improve the functioning of internal processes via proposals for process automation or streamlining.
- Take part in the 24/7 Guard Duty to handle Citrix related major incidents during out-of-office hours.
IT specialist with strong communication skills
With your creative thinking and specialist knowledge, you have an extensive IT background and would like to take the step up, into one of the largest Citrix setups in Europe. As an independent and dedicated problem solver, you go the extra mile to find the best solution – building it end-to-end if need be – and you always stay up to date on your projects. Moreover, your ability to navigate in different work cultures helps you manage an international mix of stakeholders.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of complex Citrix infrastructures.
- Broad experience in Citrix Virtual Apps (XenApp) & Virtual Desktops (XenDesktop), Citrix XenServer, Citrix NetScaler 11.X and higher.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2016 and higher Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure, Citrix Provisioning Services, Citrix WEM.
- Experience with App-V is an advantage.
- Citrix CCE-V skill level.
- Very strong communication skills and fluent English.
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call Allan Vig, Manager, IT Operations, Global Desktop & Application Services, at: +41 79 545 17 14.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
DSV leverer nogle af de allerbedste resultater inden for transport- og logistikbranchen. I driften såvel som alle øvrige funktioner arbejder 56.000 medarbejdere i mere end 80 lande dedikeret på at yde den bedst mulige service og skabe store kundeoplevelser. Hvis du har drive og talent og er klar til at tage ansvar, så giver vi dig muligheden for at udvikle dit potentiale og sætte fart på din karriere.