IT Cloud System Engineer
- in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines.
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Zealand's IT department is expanding and is therefore looking for a new team member to support the business ambitions to become a fully integrated biotechnology company with own products on the market. The new team member will work with Infrastructure Manager and stakeholders across the company to support and assist in IT tasks of varying sizes. We are running mostly on various Windows platforms both on-premise and in the cloud.
Responsibilities include helping us to:
- Administer and support cloud infrastructure implementation and migration, leveraging virtualization, automation, and orchestration technologies in Microsoft Azure
- Build new tools and automation to take maximum benefit of the Cloud capabilities. You will also develop tools and scripts to automate troubleshooting-, Diagnostic- and other activities
- Design and implement new systems and cloud infrastructure in support of business and development needs
- Provide day to day support of overall infrastructure including network, physical and virtual servers and storage
- Contribute to the implementation of wide-range IT systems such as virtualization, hyper-converged, high-availability, and security integrated solution
- Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, Technical Standards and training materials.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the below qualifications:
- 5+ years in a similar technical position. Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is desired
- You have hands-on experience in governing Azure (Management Groups, Subscriptions, Azure Policies, RBAC, security center …)
- You are familiar with traditional IT architectures (Virtualisation, Windows, Storage, Containers ...)
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience with log collection tools and analysis, as well as infrastructure performance monitoring tools and optimization practices
- Experience of working in the healthcare industry is an advantage
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to operate in a high-paced biotechnology environment
- Demonstrated ability to convey information clearly, accurately, and timely in consideration of audience and setting
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For further information, please contact Nima Hosseini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications (including CVs) will be shared with US subsidiary.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.