IT Infrastructure Director
Be the new IT Infrastructure Director in a biotech company focused on the discovery, design and development of innovative peptide-based medicines
Zealand Pharma A/S (Zealand) is a fast-growing, fully integrated Copenhagen-based biotechnology company with a highly attractive pipeline. With one product on the market, one candidate in registration and six candidates in the clinical pipeline, Zealand is a unique success story in Danish biotech. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for patients with metabolic and gastrointestinal diseases, and other specialty or rare disease areas with significant unmet medical needs. In addition to the Søborg Headquarters, Zealand is also located in the United States in Boston (MA), Marlborough (MA), and New York (NY).
Zealand is in search of an experienced technology leader to lead our global infrastructure and operations (I&O) function within the IT department. The director is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of all IT infrastructure and related IT operations across the company. Together with the other members of the IT leadership team the director will contribute to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring the infrastructure and operations strategy is aligned to deliver business value to the company. Experience in pharma/biotech is preferred, particularly with small to medium size companies in a high growth environment. The primary location of this position will be Søborg (Denmark) or Marlborough/Boston (MA, USA).
- Sets the mission, vision, and strategy of the infrastructure and operations organization to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and operations capabilities that enhance our overall competitive capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
- Works with the VP, IT and other IT leaders on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Creates and aligns an infrastructure and operations roadmap by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state technical capabilities and the technology required to achieve them.
- Ensures reliable 24/7 operations by implementing appropriate architecture and technology together with a scalable resourcing model including employees, contractors, and managed services providers.
- Establishes and monitors effective controls for the processes and functions performed by the infrastructure and operations team. Supports periodic reviews by the audit and GxP compliance teams and other functions as required.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into infrastructure systems and services to deliver a successful IT strategy.
- Works with the VP, IT and other IT leaders to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure the infrastructure team can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Manages the current year infrastructure and operations budget and develops forecasts for future years.
- Supports the VP, IT in the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
The successful candidate will have the below qualifications:
- 8+ years of infrastructure technology experience including 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex, dynamic, and global environments.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources required for success may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
- Ability to develop staff including coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Knowledgeable in how to apply I&O capabilities to achieve compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic staffing plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O team.
What we offer
Our employees are fundamental to our success, and we continue to be able to attract and retain people with vast experience and talent. We have a unique culture, characterized by excellent teamwork and strong engagement across the organization.
Our work environment is characterized by strong cross functional team-work, room for individual performance and development, informality and respect, high work-ethics and engagement, and fun.
At Zealand, we understand the value of a diverse workforce. As an employee, you will be part of an innovative, cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural working environment.
We offer a combined compensation package which includes a base salary, pension, bonus, and an attractive employee share program. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer health insurance, use of massage, fitness, and a range of social clubs and activities. To find out more about working at Zealand, visit www.zealandpharma.com
Please apply no later than May 14, 2021. Applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
No agencies, please.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications (including CVs) will be shared with US subsidiary.
About Zealand Pharma A/S
Zealand Pharma A/S (Nasdaq Copenhagen and New York: ZEAL) ("Zealand") is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative peptide-based medicines. More than 10 drug candidates invented by Zealand have advanced into clinical development, of which two have reached the market. Zealand’s current pipeline of internal product candidates focus on specialty gastrointestinal and metabolic diseases. Additionally, the portfolio includes clinical license collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim and pre-clinical license collaboration with Alexion Pharmaceuticals. Zealand is based in Copenhagen (Søborg), Denmark. For further information about the Company's business and activities, please visit www.zealandpharma.com or follow Zealand on LinkedIn or Twitter @ZealandPharma.