Senior Data Scientist
Responsibilities and contributions
Would you like to participate in the journey to reshape offshore drilling through data science? Are you interested in engaging with internal and external customers and addressing different kinds of business challenges via data solutions that you develop? Do you have successful track records in developing solutions all the way from data collection to deployment? Then you may be our new Senior Data Scientist!
About Maersk Drilling
With more than 45 years of experience operating in the most challenging offshore environments, Maersk Drilling (CSE:DRLCO) provides responsible drilling services to energy companies worldwide. Maersk Drilling owns and operates a fleet of 22 offshore drilling rigs and specializes in harsh environments and deepwater operations. Headquartered in Denmark, Maersk Drilling employs around 2,400 people. For more information about Maersk Drilling, visit www.maerskdrilling.com.
As Senior Data Scientist you will be part of the Maersk Drilling Advanced Analytics team, together with the other team members you will be responsible for…
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult non-routine analysis problems, gain insights and identify business opportunities through the use of algorithmic analysis, statistics as well as visualization and data mining techniques
- Engage broadly within the Maersk Drilling organization to identify, frame and structure complex and ambiguous challenges, where advanced analytics projects or tools can have the biggest impact
- Articulate business questions and use mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using data, translate analysis results into business recommendations
- Adopt the best in class processes and techniques for analysis and modelling, as well as leading the roll out of the analytic framework and best practices in Maersk Drilling
- Disseminate data science know-how in Maersk Drilling and promote a data based decision-making culture
Following are examples of our work contents:
- Analyse IoT sensor data to identify pattern and improve operations efficiency
- Predict equipment failure and suggest to-be maintenance planning process
- Provide inputs to support company environment protection and sustainability agenda
- Optimize logistics planning to minimize cost spend
- Identify risk factors among historical financial data
- Establish performance dashboard by applying multiple tech-stacks, i.e. statistical analysis, machine learning and business intelligence
- Collaborate with RPA team to develop intelligent automation solution to fully automate working process
- And more…
- Graduate degree (Master or PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Machine Learning or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (e.g. as a data scientist) or equivalent
- Strong programming experience in handling data and scripting (e.g. Python) and database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Experience performing advanced statistical analyses
- Experience designing and building machine learning models
- Experience deploying models through Microsoft Azure DevOps and Git
- Familiar with data visualization tools (e.g. Microsoft PowerBI, Plotly Dash)
- Knowledge in Azure Data Explorer and understand KQL (a plus)
- Excellent problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent customer service and team collaboration skills
- Thrilled at creating value through the developed solution
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new member. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The position can be covered from either Lyngby (Denmark) or Gdansk (Poland).
Application Deadline: 11/06/2021
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position regardless of ethnical background, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability and age.
For further information, please contact: Head of Advanced Analytics, Roy Lao email@example.com or +45 6336 6496.