Performance and Automation Test Engineer for Road IT Europe
This is an exciting opportunity if you are a software engineer with a knack for testing and a passion for efficient and elegant problem solving through automation. In this role you can utilize your test automation skills to influence and help the quality of DSV's Road IT Europe division by being responsible for the technical definition and delivery of automated tests for validating both functional and non-functional requirements. This role therefore requires a thorough understanding of both modern application architecture patterns, coupled with solid programming skills, and an excellent ability to design and automate test cases according to business requirements and the overall test strategy.
You will become part of our Road IT Europe department, where we implement and maintain IT systems to keep 20.000 trucks and 10.000 operational staff working efficiently. We need your help in our continued effort to deliver great products to our business.
Technical test engineer in a business transformation program
You will be part of several strategic business transformation efforts in DSV Road. Amongst them is the implementation of our future Road Transport Management System (BluJay), which we intend to bring to more than 30 countries in Europe in the coming years. We are actively decommissioning our legacy system and moving to a new state of the art Transport Management System. We need the best talent to join us in this journey.
Some of the main assignments you can look forward to:
- Define and maintain the automation framework in collaboration with development and test team colleagues
- Own the test automation tools and ensure they fulfil the framework goals
- Develop a sound understanding of business processes and application details, working closely with business analysts and test managers to review user stories and requirements, and then applying optimum test case selection and design, using ISTQB test design methodology
- Write and maintain functional test cases, using standard test management tools (Xray Test Management for Jira)
- Create and maintain the library of automated tests
- Implement and manage continuous automated testing integration using Jenkins or Azure DevOps
- Create performance tests in Performance Center, Jmeter, Gatling, or similar
- Ensure test data is prepared as per test planning before the test execution
- Execution of test cases, whether automated or performance will be a major and important component of this role. In conjunction with this a necessary task will be ensuring test environments are properly configured before test execution.
- Identify defects and assess severity, and advise relevant stakeholders on resolution
- Create test reports and engage continuously with project and program management on test progress
Preferably you have overall 6+ years of experience in the software testing field, or 4+ years in testing and 3+ years otherwise in software development. As well as minimum 4 years with test automation frameworks and tools, preferably with experience of at least one open source tool (such as Selenium, Appium) and one proprietary tool (such as TestComplete, Tosca, or UFT) for functional automated testing at both GUI and API level.
We also prefer candidates with performance testing experience of at least 3 years, with demonstrable knowledge of at least one industry standard tool such as Performance Center/LoadRunner, NeoLoad, Gatling, CloudTest, or similar.
- University degree in technical discipline would be preferred
- Relevant test engineering certification such as ISTQB Foundation or higher, or equivalent (ISEB, TMAP Test Engineer)
Skill and experience Requirements
The main technical requirements of the role would be:
- Experience of implementing and maintaining test automation frameworks such as data-driven or keyword-driven or hybrid frameworks
- Sound understanding of complex multi-tier system architecture, and testing of GUI, API, and web-services based applications and integrations
- Experience in the use of Page Object Design Patterns
- Experienced in use of test management and defect tracking systems
- Database technologies and implantations such as Azure SQL Database
- Understanding and application of Agile QA practices
- Experience with CI pipelines such as Azure DevOps or Jenkins
- Experienced with cloud application development, preferably AWS as well as Azure
Some of the other skills that would be required would be:
- Excellent communication skills: fluent and articulate in putting across ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Experienced in large-scale Agile software development environment would advantageous
- Proactive and accountable, with perseverance and tenacity, able to see problems through to conclusion, irrespective of delay, opposition, diversion or lack of product knowledge
- A well-developed instinct of when people or business priorities have changed and ability to quickly modify behaviour to achieve effective outcomes
- Be a committed team player with flexible approach to working methods
Join an innovative and international team
You will become part of an international team with highly motivated people from across Europe. The job is based out of our headquarters in Hedehusene or alternatively out of our Warsaw office , but the right candidate can also work from a local office location.
The environment in DSV and Road IT Europe is dynamic and informal, and we take pride in having a voice and using it whenever needed. Your future colleagues speak their minds in order to constantly improve how we do business. This allows us to move fast, stay ahead and face challenges head-on. This is the DSV way.
Send us your motivated application and resume by clicking on ‘Apply online’. Be aware, applications will be managed on an on-going basis. Please contact Manager Andy Allenby for further information and if you have any questions on +44 7764475664.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com