Software Developer for ambitious gas trading business
Are you passionate about software development? Are you looking for an opportunity to impact value creation in a fast-paced tech-driven trading company? Then you might be our new colleague!
Join one of Europe’s leading energy trading companies
Danske Commodities (DC) is a leading energy trading company. Every day, we complete close to 10,000 trades, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. To make this possible, Software Development is a crucial part of the business – and the best place to work (if you ask us).
Software development in DC’s gas business
Our Software Development team builds business critical systems of all shapes and sizes for the entire organisation. We shape the business by delivering systems that give DC competitive advantages or automates critical processes. We are a trusted partner and advisor on technical solutions and we develop world class software using modern technology and practices.
The Gas Portfolio team in our Software Development unit cooperates with our gas traders to make industry-leading software supporting the gas trading activities across Europe. The team is responsible for providing high availability systems that are capable of handling very large data volumes from the gas trading activities.
An opportunity to learn from the some of the best in the industry
You will join a team of highly skilled and committed software developers passionate about their craft. We are always curious and together we eagerly seek out new technologies, practices and methodologies to incorporate into our software portfolio. As part of our team, you will get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and capabilities by cooperating with subject matter experts within the field. We have a close and unique collaboration with our colleagues in the gas trading teams – a relation we nurture and protect. This creates a sense of urgency to our development that can, at times, be a little intense, but which will also give you a very rewarding workday. In the team, you will experience a lot of freedom, which allows us to focus on areas which can make us grow as a team or individually both professionally and technically.
Your journey to work with software that impacts critical business areas
No matter what your experience level is, you will start out with an introduction of the team, DC and get knowledge about trading activities, with an emphasis on trading of gas in Europe and to the mechanics of trading on exchanges or between brokers in Europe. Shortly after your onboarding, you will be invited to participate in many very interesting projects. An example could be an integration of a high-power analytical computation engine, which is used to solve complex problems related to forecasting in the gas landscape. Another example is our algorithmic trading, which provides DC with an edge when it comes to efficiently reacting to real-time changes in a volatile market.
On a slightly longer term, your journey will allow you to utilise your educational background with respect to software design and development, including engaging in the entire process from idea inception to development and extending and maintaining your software. Most development is done on the .NET platform and hosting is performed on RedHat OpenShift.
"YOU WILL BECOME A TRUSTED PARTNER FOR THE TEAM AND OUR FRIENDS IN THE GAS TRADING – AND HAVE DIRECT IMPACT ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SOFTWARE WE PROVIDE, "HENRIK SKAARUP ANDERSEN, MANAGER, HEAD OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop world-class software in an engaging and complex domain
- participate in full project cycles, from inception to delivery, using agile practices
- engage our business to ensure outstanding solutions
- nurture a coherent application architecture that is fit for purpose
Specific for the team:
- actively seek out knowledge about gas trading to identify opportunities for supporting systems that may give Danske Commodities the leading edge
- work on the maintenance and further development of existing algorithmic trading platform
- participate in every phase of the development cycle, the team enjoys a very large degree of freedom in choosing the development strategy as well as maintaining the entire lifecycle of the individual components
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant degree within in Software Development, Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science or similar
- experienced or familiar with .NET, Java or similar is an advantage
- curious about distributed systems and complex products
- take a holistic approach to system design, from requirements to operations
- understanding of best practices within code design (SOLID, OOP, Clean code etc.)
- are fluent in Danish and English, both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- are a curious software developer that loves the craft and to solve problems. We like to explore and find new ways – you will feel at home if you love to discuss new tech or how to solve interesting business challenges
- are a proactive team player that enjoys collaboration. No challenge too small or too big – one for all and all for one
- are ready to challenge the team to ensure that best practices and coding standards are followed and evolved. We must stay ahead of the game, and the only way to succeed with that, is to help each other
Jobstart and type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25/06.