Head of Software Engineering
Responsibilities and contributions
Are you passionate about developing software solutions and would you like to play a managerial part in driving the digitalization journey of an international company? Then you may be our new Head of Software Engineering.
Consistent with our overall vision, Maersk Drilling has embarked on a digital transformation journey and we are offering an exciting opportunity to start up a new Software Engineering department with you at the helm. Anchored in the IT department you will be working closely together with key stakeholders in the business to develop digital software solutions to interact with our technical infrastructure.
At our office in Lyngby, you will be part of a strong network in the IT Management Team responsible for areas ranging from Business Cloud Development and IT Operations over Architecture and Cyber Security to Advanced Analytics & Business Intelligence, Robotics & Automation and Master Data Management.
You will be joining an enthusiastic and fastmoving IT department of about 70 employees, situated in Lyngby, Gdansk and Singapore in addition to a large support center in Manila.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
You will be overall responsible for delivering bespoke software solutions to Maersk Drilling in alignment with the company’s strategic goals and plans.
You will have varied workday where you will be involved in small and large development projects from the initial talk with the Business and vendors, throughout the project lifecycle, including architecture, design, implementation, testing, validation and documentation of our software solutions.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Applying engineering principles for design, development, maintenance, testing and evaluation of in-house built software
- Working closely with the Business to understand solution requirements and bridge the space between the data & digital capabilities and the technical infrastructure in IT
- Defining software development life cycle and guidelines on software development
- Embracing and learning new technologies.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a self-driven software leader with a solid understanding of systems architecture and hardware components in modern application design.
You have experience with:
- Leading software development in a multinational environment
- Establishing DevOps principles enabling internal development as well as coordinating with offshore/outsourced functions
- Cloud native as well as mobile application development
- Traditional development of multi-tiered solutions primarily based on the Microsoft platform
You have knowledge of
- Coding platforms and organizational governance of these
- The use of coding libraries as well as integrations via modern API’s
- Application development in a distributed low network bandwidth landscape
- UX standards and practical implementation
- Secure coding principles.
Application Deadline: 02/07/2021
Location: Europe, Denmark, Lyngby
Job Description: Permanent Employee
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new team member. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Only applications submitted via the "Apply for vacancy" button on the job ad will be reviewed. Applications submitted to the contact below will not be reviewed or forwarded.
For further information, please contact: CIO, Steffen Dalgaard Andersen, email@example.com, +45 6336 3025.