Software Tech Lead
Story House Egmont is looking for a Software Tech Lead to join us on our digital transformation!
Story House Egmont is a leading Nordic media group shaping the media of tomorrow with award-winning storytelling and digital innovation.
Join the digital transformation team in our Global Supply unit as we embark on an industry-defining transformation that will revolutionize the printing business as we know it today. We are behind a groundbreaking online print management platform and now looking for a Software Tech Lead.
You will play a vital part in our success, helping shape solutions and ensure ongoing use of software engineering best practices.
In this role, you will use your software architecture and programming skills working as a key member of our agile team. This role is an opportunity to be part of a digital transformation in Story House Egmont that will have a significant impact, both within the company and beyond.
We are looking for a charismatic lead, and unlike many team roles, here we make you responsible for the quality and implementation. You will drive the continued development of supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure and deployable software solutions.
You will work collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer reviewing team members’ code, and giving constructive feedback for improvement in the code base, team capability (blame-free feedback), and continuous deployment.
A key focus will be keeping builds green by writing testable code through active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within the team.
Who are we looking for?
For us, it is all about you, and how we can build the best career with you in mind. Of course, we have an expectation of what you can bring to the role - but we don't expect that you can do everything mentioned below. We use a more holistic approach to the evaluation of our potential employees - so get in touch to see how you can be part of this journey!
- You are a software engineer who can manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
- You know Docker and Kubernetes and how best to build software that plays well in that setup
- You see the advantage of teamwork and favour team effort and collaboration
- You have worked with outsourcing previously and know how to work in a remote team
- You have great coding skills and know how to architect a microservice application
- You have worked with agile software development and know the importance of daily stand-ups and continuous feedback
- You have a flair for understanding new technology and know where best to put it to work
- You have experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
- You have knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and data modelling
The nerdy stuff
We use the following: .NET 5, Web Api, Angular, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure DevOps (but would like to move to GitHub), pipeline, ci/cd, Azure AD B2C, testing, Linux, Windows, Mac, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code and many more things.
It might be that you will introduce some of the following: GitHub, Blazor, DDD, AI, document databases, more services, better performance… we are open to your suggestions!
We are friendly and open people - get in touch and let’s talk!
Please send your application no later than June 20, 2021, by using the "Apply online" button on this page. Please note, we do not accept applications sent via e-mail.
For further information please contact Head of Digital Transformation, Morten Bech Sørensen, email@example.com.
2100 København Ø
About Story House Egmont
Story House Egmont is behind strong media brands, leading e-commerce businesses and digital agencies. We are publishers at heart and a part of Egmont, together with Nordisk Film, TV 2 in Norway and Egmont Books. Egmont is a foundation which means we reinvest all profits in our media and support vulnerable children. We bring stories to life.