Automation Engineer for DTU
Would you like to participate in groundbreaking research and make an impact on Life Science, then join the Cloud Development Team at DTU – Computerome!
The Danish National Life Science Supercomputing Center, Computerome is a High-Performance Computing (HPC) facility specialized for Life Science. Users include research groups from all Danish universities and large international research consortiums as well, as users from industry and the public health care sector. They all benefit from the fast, flexible and secure infrastructure, and the ability to combine different types of sensitive data for computational analysis. Computerome is physically installed at the DTU Risø campus and managed by a strong team of specialists working at DTU Lyngby.
Computerome has an opening for vRA/vRO Developer with Typescript Experience who is going to be responsible for our vRA/vRO components, maintaining them and also develop new automations (blueprints and workflows). The position is placed in the Cloud Development team.
This resource will be handling day-to-day automation tasks of the VMware environment within vRA/vRO which include installations, updates, migrations, development, developing new blueprints, workflows and troubleshooting. It will require supporting troubleshooting issues within the environment and supporting the resolution of production outages. The candidate should have good knowledge of Bash/Python, Powershell, PowerCLI, and vRA/vRO code which is currently being utilized to help automate the operations for virtual machines (coding with TypeScript). These candidates will be directly affecting the infrastructure automation that is being utilized for the Cloud Platform on Computerome.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, and tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements specializing in services utilizing our VMware Private cloud infrastructure.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
- Responsible for automating operations, managing and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, Gitlab, as well as advising, communicating and collaborating with our Cloud Platform Provider.
- This position will have extensive Automation/cloud platform experience in VMWare suite (vCenter/vSphere/vRealize).
Key responsibilities include
- Provide subject matter expertise and have proficiency with multiple core technologies in our private cloud environments, including Windows and Linux operating systems, Configuration Management technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, vRO), Scripting Languages (Python, Node, PowerShell, Java).
- Create standards for unit, functional test and deployment automation solutions.
- Engage in critical problem resolution and continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization following agile methodologies.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Manage the development, compliance, and documentation of procedures and processes required to support the infrastructure.
- Collaborate and consult with vendors to ensure that technology decisions enable automation capabilities and enhance operational excellence goals.
Experience with installation, migration and development
To succeed in this role you will need the following skillset:
- VMware: Minimum 3 years
- Automation: Minimum 2 years
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
As a bonus to your skillset, you have experience or knowledge with:
- Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
What DTU Computerome offers
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on high-level professionalism among our staff, so skill development is an integral part of our organization. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
Salary and appointment terms
Terms of appointment and payment according to the Agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations (AC) or any other relevant agreement.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than 1 August 2021 (Danish time). Open the “Apply online” link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
Twins Recruitment serves as recruitment partner on this position. If you have any questions regarding the recruiting process or the role, you are welcome to contact Recruitment Specialist Jakob Kelstrup at +45 22 25 50 11.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,900 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.