Development manager for Financial Data
Can you demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how to build complex IT solutions – ideally within financial services? Are you a talented people manager or do you have the qualifications to become one? Then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for a development manager to build, grow and deliver
You will be the development manager for our team working with Financial data for all our customers. This position is based in Herning and reporting to the development director for Finance Solutions. You and your team will be responsible for not only delivering on our existing product portfolio, data, and reporting solutions. Over the next couple of years, your goal for the team is to ensure we deliver on our current product roadmaps and take the team on a journey as we develop and implement new tools, a new tech stack – this includes part responsibility for integrations to our new D365 Finance platform. To do this, you will need to ensure that the team has the right skills and upskilling and recruiting talent for the area when needed.
As a development manager for the Financial Data team, you will impact all BEC customers in Denmark and move the data solutions forward. The team consists of approximately 10 passionate employees split between Denmark & Poland, and as development manager, you will have the HR responsibility for all employees in the team.
Primary task and responsibilities
In the position as development manager, you will work closely with the management team within your domain, product owners, architects, team members and other development managers in BEC to ensure cross-company collaboration.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for delivering team contribution of domain roadmap according to agreed objectives
- Set up and maintain delivery strategy and team organization to effectively deliver on team backlog
- Organize and manage performance of people, processes, and technology to deliver on team backlog with clear roles, responsibilities, and processes across the value chain
- Develop and drive a culture of cross functional collaboration and coordination
- Ensure development meets architectural principles and guidelines
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of all systems/platforms in own team (System Ownership), including Incident and Problem Management, system lifecycle management, etc.
- Responsible for “housekeeping functions” in team, e.g. compliance for audits, patches, technical vulnerabilities, exceptions etc.
- Ensure team has necessary budget, resources, approvals and other support
- Communicate with key stakeholders and collect and share feedback
- Ensure transparency on decisions, progress, and results
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have experience from a similar position working with data, BI systems, or development in general. You lead and drive the development team to successfully delivering products to business stakeholders.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Solid communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- End-to-end understanding of the technology (from user applications to underlying infrastructure) and comprehensive understanding of how to build IT solutions
- Ability to drive implementation and realize business value
- Customer focused and service minded, always striving for developing, enhancing, and maintaining solutions in excellent condition (stability and security)
- Passion and ability to drive agile values and principles
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than June 17, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Jesper Munch Søgaard, development director on +45 52342922.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.