Senior Agile Backend Developer
QuickOrder is a fast-moving SaaS startup. We have created the world's most innovative Restaurant OS combining point of sale, staff management, online ordering, and table reservation. By utilising guest and operational data we improve restaurant profitability and overall revenue, effectively enabling our customers to grow.
We believe that a great workplace combines skilled colleagues with hard work. Our core philosophy is freedom, responsibility and personal development, which we believe make the happiest and highest performing workplace.
As a developer at QuickOrder, you will be part of an Agile organisation. We empower our teams to self-organise and manage their own work. We value innovative thinking and always strive to deliver the best possible experience for our customers. Simply put: We love building software that truly adds value for our customers, and we build for scalability and growth, so we never grow stagnant.
We are moving fast and opening new offices in new countries, therefore you will need to thrive under those conditions. New opportunities arise often and new hires will be made regularly which requires you to be a team player and a good communicator.
QuickOrder is based in Odense, but we are open for remote work for the right candidate. We welcome people from all backgrounds who are curious, passionate, and who want to work together with other passionate people to build the best solutions for our customers.
What you will do:
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to
- Take responsibility for the quality of the software produced
- Interact with users as necessary to clarify requirements
- Understand the business purpose of the story and define and analyze possible alternative ways of satisfying the business purpose of the story
- Plan and estimate development tasks with other developers that are required to fulfill the story
- Work directly with the Product Owner to clarify and further define the details of how the story should be implemented
- Take overall responsibility for “shepherding” the story through the process all the way to (and including) UAT
- Present your completed story to the Product Owner in UAT (or Sprint Review)
The ideal candidate for the position has some of the following:
- Significant experience as a backend developer
- Proficiency in approaching software design by test driven development (TDD) to ensure clean code and a continuous refactoring.
- Proficiency in using code quality tooling (e.g. static analysis, mutation testing)
- Experience in conducting thorough code peer reviews to ensure (architectural) designs are fit for purpose, extensible and reusable.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with working in an agile team.
Why you should join QuickOrder:
The QuickOrder team: in the QuickOrder team, all colleagues are extraordinary at what they do and excellent collaborators. The value and satisfaction of being a part of such a team are tremendous. Our version of the best workplace is a team where working towards and pursuing a common goal and vision creates the real value.
We believe it is on such a team that you learn the most, perform the best, improve the fastest, and have the most fun. At QuickOrder collaboration and trust is thriving and are an essential part of the team.
Freedom and responsibility: Our goal is to inspire people, more than to manage them. We believe that great performers who are part of a team know the better solution, and therefore it's not the managers' duty to tell how things should be done, but merely to set the context so that the employee can find the best possible solution.
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Senior Agile Backend Developer”.
If you have any questions please contact our CTO Morten at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 6091 3562.