Can you boost the digital and data transformation of KMD by translating our business vision and strategy into effective technology plans? Are you excited about the opportunity of having an impact on the future technology and digitalization to make KMD products better for our customers? Then join KMDs R&D strategy unit.
We offer an attractive position as Enterprise Architect in R&D - a small strategic unit working independently under the close guidance of KMD Group Management. As a department R&D plays the role of technical advisor driving a few key, technological initiatives to support our software business. In that regard, R&D differs significantly from other units and departments as it works across our service, project, and products business.
Currently we are looking for an experienced enterprise architect to help us driving three strategic initiatives:
- Technology Product Strategy: Help building overall plan covering the objectives, principles, and tactics relating to use of technologies within the KMD Software Products.
- Best in Class Software Excellence: Focused on improving the efficiency in the way we work in product development and driving the evolution of KMD towards its future as a modern, IP-led software company
- Reuse: To help us furthering the reuse of software in the form of components or exposed services but also utilizing synergies between project and product business in KMD
As an Enterprise Architect you are working across business units and products with various technologies where you will:
- Support creation of ambitious visions, architectures, and roadmaps for digitalization and technology in collaboration with stakeholders across KMD Business Units
- Identify key technology stacks and develop an overarching plan for their maintenance and upgrade across KMD software
- Work with product teams to evaluate and if needed potentially migrate away from technologies that do not comply with KMD technology strategy but also ensuring technology strategy alignment with product roadmap/vision
- Identify and expose components with great reuse potential to support product development and enable innovation
- Identify gaps across product roadmaps and facilitate cross-BU talks to address them with components available in KMD
- Keeping an eye on the technology developments on the market and seeking for the best enablers for the product business goals
- Facilitate the creation of technology roadmaps
- Influence with product and platform owners to update/replace/retire technologies that do not comply with KMD technology strategy
- Support digital innovation by leveraging novel technologies and approaches to connect our existing 'legacy’ base with our new, customer facing applications
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with peers, Solution Architects and Product Owners and platform portfolio leads to achieve successful outcomes
- 10+ years of experience in roles including application architecture design
- 15+ years development hands-on experience
- Hands-on experience with different architecture principles and enterprise-grade design patterns
- Large/medium-scale end-to-end project implementation and maintenance experience
- Experience with cloud-based products and highly automated CI/CD processes
- Experience with migrating solutions from legacy technologies toward the modern stack
- Experience in analyzing and documenting system architecture and underlying business processes
- Hands-on experience in building technology roadmaps
- Strong in written and spoken English
- Higher education in computer science or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in communicating with top-level executives and business stakeholders
Are you interested?
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Hence, we are reviewing applications and inviting for interviews on an ongoing basis.
In case you have questions related to the position please contact Piotr Brzezinski, Director, Software Development +48 667 617 014 during week 26-28 and week 31-32.
KMD (an NEC company) is committed to providing equal opportunities. Hence, we invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. At KMD all aspects of employment and cooperation including the decision to hire/cooperate with will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected under local anti-discrimination legislation
KMD is the largest Danish-based IT company that develops and delivers software, solutions and IT services primarily to Denmark's public and financial sector and with a growing footprint in the private sector and in the Nordic region. Our unique domain knowledge, reliability and approach to security and operational stability make KMD today one of the most recognized and used suppliers in the Danish IT industry.
KMD's solutions help streamline processes and create better service for customers every day all year round. For example, our systems handle payments of wages and social benefits. In total, it will be about 400 billion kroner a year, which equates to more than 20 % of Denmark's GDP. The KMD Group has an annual turnover of more than 4 billion Danish kroner and has about 3,500 employees.
KMD's head office is in Ballerup, but also has offices in Odense, Aarhus and Aalborg. In addition, KMD also has employees in Poland, and partners in India. KMD is owned by NEC - a global leader in integrating cutting-edge IT and networking technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. Nec employs more than 100,000 people globally.
KMD's size means that we offer a wide variety of professional challenges and a unique professional environment. With great know-how in complex areas of work and competent, ambitious and not least innovative employees, KMD is facing an international journey with the NEC. In KMD, we not only try to meet our customers' expectations, but strive to exceed them.
In KMD we expect to align with our employees through goal agreements and ongoing dialogue. It contributes to the mutual trust it takes to give our employees freedom under responsibility, flexibility and space to be who they are. KMD is a constant changing company where pace, agility and unknown parameters are a part of our everyday.