Lead Firmware Engineer
Do you have a dream of building a truly global impact startup? And would you rather skip the first 2 years of uncertainty and no salary? Then here's your opportunity to jump right ahead and become the firmware engineer of a growing IoT startup with a strong impact vision and funding secured.
Spend your time on something that matters
You will use your skillset to build a product that addresses one of the largest challenges of this century: Water scarcity. You will join and become a core team member of an impact-driven IoT startup that has proven its business with paying customers in multiple EU markets and is on the verge of scaling. You'll gain invaluable experience in all the areas of hardware development and manufacturing. You will be paid monthly and offered a stake in the company as you help develop the product.
Our solution consists of a hardware system and a cloud software platform that assists farmers to optimize irrigation. Your job would be to, in a few months, take over the ownership of the firmware development for our hardware with the assistance of our current hardware lead engineer and our CEO.
You need to have previous experience in developing embedded systems involving both firmware and PCB design. Experience with IoT device development, management of engineering projects, and setting up manufacturing is a plus. Good communication and the ability to structure and take responsibility for translating customer requirements into technical implementations are key.
You are an engineer with at least 2 years of professional experience who's got ambitions to own the future direction of a complex product portfolio. You are excited by the thought of joining and becoming a central part of a growing startup and want to join a team with strong experience and traction.
Your responsibility will be broad, focusing mainly on firmware, but also branching into PCB design, supply chain management and engineering design. We hope you can be the primary manager of future employees in the electronics team.
The team and our value
Our core team consists of engineers and a business guy, who are all driven by solving real-world problems, doing a difference, and building awesome stuff. We are an experienced and fast-moving team with an office in Copenhagen. We expect you to work on-premise most days of the week to be a part of our team culture - although we generally have flexible work hours.
As a team this is what guides us: We stay open-minded, we are inclusive and respect diversity, both in and outside of the team. We put impact first by focusing on what matters most for clients while being transparent. We aim high and take risks while staying humble and open to advice.
What exactly we hope you will be doing
- Develop existing firmware to cater over-the-air updates
- Review and develop current firmware base with stability and ease-of-use for users as key design criteria
- Translate product development requirements into firmware in close collaboration with our lead software engineers and product design engineers
- On occasion go to customers and assist in system installations, as well as troubleshooting and technical support
- Become an irrigation expert and throw out cool new ideas for future product directions
- If you are interested in engaging with hardware development as well:
- Identify relevant partners and set up production and quality control in order to start larger-scale manufacturing of our dataloggers and gateway units
- Take part in the development of our new NB-IoT datalogger (firmware and PCB)
- Develop and build prototypes of more experimental hardware devices for our future pipeline
- C / C++
- The ability to write clean, modular, extendible code
- Project management: The ability to take full ownership of your work and juggle both in-house development, manufacturing pipelines and customer requests at the same time
- Understanding of PCB design of embedded systems
Important but not mandatory:
- IoT development or other wireless low power devices
- Setup of manufacturing and quality control
- Hands on PCB design experience
- Supply chain management
Nice to have:
- Management experience of development projects including smaller engineering teams
- Compliance and certification experience
- Working with MQTT, LoRa and NB protocols
- Driver's license