Platform/system engineer (SAS) for Team Frontend
Ready to be professionally ambitious together with others? We are proud of what we do, and we share the ambition to create tech solutions that are vital for Denmark’s financial infrastructure. At BEC you will be part of a transformation of our organization and tech solutions.
We are looking for a platform/system engineer ready to share and grow
You will become part of Team Frontend in the domain Data & Cloud.
Data & Cloud are responsible for building and maintaining the BI & Analytics Datawarehouse and tool stack.
The position is located in Roskilde.
In this position you will join a team of 6 people, consisting of platform/system engineers, and product owner working together to ensure a stable, secure, and well performing SAS analytics platform. The platform provides access to data for more than 400 active users from more than 40 customers and executes more than 500 scheduled jobs on a daily basis.
Hence, this is a unique opportunity to participate in a team working on operations and maintenance on a business-critical platform.
As a platform/system engineer, we will need you to drive important tasks spanning from solving incoming incidents for all different kinds of users to getting the platform ready for the near future by looking into the options in a more modern and future-proof cloud setup.
The team have stakeholders internal in BEC and in the banks.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
In the position as platform/system engineer, you will work closely with team members, product owners, development managers and architects. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Operations and maintenance of SAS analytics platform
- Operations and maintenance of cluster, network, and storage on servers in relation to SAS operation
- Incident fixes
- Optimization of existing and new systems/solutions
- Drive problem management (root-cause analysis and resolution) inside area
- Ensure stability on overall platform and solutions inside BI (in collaboration with platform and solution owners)
- Support other BI teams
- Support the users of the SAS analytics platform
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background at master’s level within IT, science, and 5+ years of experience from a similar position working with SAS platform administration or comparable BI platform experience, Windows servers, storage, and network.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- You are curious, motivated by new challenges and always seek to further development
- Structured and analytical
- Embrace end-to-end mindset, ensuring to deliver a complete functional solution that meets the user’s needs
- Team player – maybe with previous experience as team member in scrum organization
- Are willing to assume responsibility and drive responsibilities forward
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than August 8, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Thomas Olsen, development manager on +45 46 38 20 97.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.