Head of IT Operation & Application maintenance
The Most Desired Audio Brand
At Bang & Olufsen, we strive to be the most desired audio brand in the world. For more than 95 years we’ve developed products that change moods, inspire minds and instill pride in all of us. We are passionate innovators, using our deep knowledge and collaboration skills to solve and simplify complex challenges every day, each of us driven by the profound effect sound can have on the mind. We welcome others that share our passion.
Join us to take our IT Operation & Application maintenance to the next level. You will be managing +13 dedicated IT specialists and our +30 vendors. Your work as a senior manager will have a huge impact on setting the scene for improvements and increased service to Bang & Olufsen. You will have the possibility to challenge status quo and define best practice on various areas. Your workplace will be both in Struer and Lyngby, with base in one of the locations.
Your mission and responsibility
As our new Head of IT Operation & Application maintenance, you will join Group IT (Struer and Lyngby). You will be part of defining our new IT strategy and ensure that the team continuously prioritises its tasks according to our strategy and the needs of our end users, including our sales offices globally. Further you will be responsible for refining and implementing strong processes and developing a solid framework for our vendor management. Vendor management will be managed in close cooperation with our procurement and legal department.
Your primarily responsibility and tasks will be:
- Managing our highly skilled IT specialists, making sure that all are motivated and continues to have a great passion for working in Bang & Olufsen
- Ensuring and improving our service, support and operation activities – to improve the satisfaction of our end users, globally
- Support the business maintaining and further develop our existing applications ensuring our legacy application keeps being modernized
- Working with our Data/BI/MDM specialists making sure to support the business getting the necessary data insights to effectively run the business
- Professionalize vendor management and responsible for all vendors contact and budget. A selection of our services is outsourced to TCS, NNIT so it is vital we have a best possible cooperation with our strategic vendors
- Build a professional license management function harvesting licenses and save cost
- Responsible for implementing incident and change management process with clear roles & responsibilities
In Group IT, we are currently around 25 ambitious specialists, who look forward to welcoming you to be a part of the digital journey and transition of Bang & Olufsen.
You will be working with stakeholders outside the Group IT, for example in our global and national sales offices. Bang & Olufsen has a work culture founded in a willingness to listen to new ideas and be challenged by them – and we hope you will challenge us as well. Lastly you will be working very closely with all our professional vendors.
What you bring
You automatically take the initiative and aim for driving results with a focus on creating motivation among staff and stakeholders. A key component is your strong communication skills and ability to establish solid relations and effective network across the company.
You are a skilled facilitator and good at creating trust in the teams you work. You are passionated and good at creating energized atmosphere wherever you go. You love to develop your employees and ensure they have clear career paths so you at all times have highly skilled and motivated teams.
- You have strong people management skills earned from many years of management experience of a team of a similar size
- You have solid IT operation experience including cloud technologies and service delivery management
- You are experienced in working with vendor management ensuring we get the services we buy in the quality we need
- You are fluent in English and Danish (English is primary business language)
- You have either a bachelor’s or a master’s degree – the specific education is not important, what we need is your analytical approach
Ready to join the most desired audio brand in the world?
Then submit your CV and application in English by pressing the Apply button. Applications are assessed continuously, so please apply as soon as possible and no later than July 31st 2021.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Jonas Dan Jørgensen, CIO, Senior Director: JODJ@bang-olufsen.dk. Please do not send your cv and application to this e-mail directly as these will not be taken into consideration.
Read more about our recruitment process and explore your career opportunities within Bang & Olufsen here.
Empowerment drives our innovation
We are a company of approximately 1000 employees and that makes us small, agile and gives room for individual flexibility and decision-making – this is how we work best. Our hierarchy is flat and our communication is open and trustworthy. We believe that constructive feedback makes us grow as individuals and as a company, and our leadership is based on a clear direction and facilitating collaboration across functions and borders. We believe strongly in mutual respect and have a genuine interest in learning from each other.
We are more than just a workplace
Life is more fun when it is shared and experienced with others. We collaborate, create and innovate on a global scale every day and we celebrate and enjoy life together too. We do Musical Fridays, sports events and get together around good food and celebrate local traditions, all centered around our passion for music.