Implementation specialist for Transport Management System in Road IT Europe
Job Req Number: 36154
Time Type: Full Time
If terms like Large Business Transformation Program and Product Implementation makes you smile, DSV Road IT might be your next big career adventure.
You will become part of our Road IT Europe department, where we implement and maintain IT systems to keep 20.000 trucks and 10.000 operational staff working efficiently. We need your help in our continued effort to deliver great products to our business.
Implementation Specialist in a business transformation program
You will be part of a major strategic business transformation program in DSV Road and take part in the implementation of our future Road Transport Management System (Blujay), which we intend to bring to more than 30 countries in Europe in the coming years. We are actively decommissioning our legacy system and moving to a new state of the art Transport Management System. We need the best talent to join us in this journey.
As an Implementation Specialist, you will primarily focus on mapping business requirements in cooperation with our Business Change Management function and turning them into functioning configurations in our Transport Management System. You will work on solutions to enhance the business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction. We have a well performing program in place consisting of project managers, business change managers, implementation specialists, product owners, service delivery managers etc. In other words, you will be joining a program that are already performing and delivering on the needs of the business.
Some of the assignments you can look forward to:
- In cooperation with our colleagues from the business you will understand their processes (Order Management, Planning, Financial and Settlement) which you then convert into actual configurations in the Transport Management System.
- Work closely with external consultants implementing the Transport Management System.
- Manage relationships with program stakeholders and keep them informed about progress and issues in order to manage expectations.
- Identify, document and report your recommendations on software gaps to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide 3rd level support on application and operational issues across the production environment.
Passion for translating business processes into working software configuration
Our ideal candidate is passionate about interpreting business processes, defining software requirements and converting them into actual software configuration. You can see yourself thrive in a global, multi-national and fast-paced environment where you help your colleagues to solve technical problems and introduce preventive or mitigation measures when needed. You understand the benefits of continuous improvement, have an eye for inspecting and adapting and enjoy working in collaboration with your colleagues.
Additionally, we hope you can say yes to some of the below:
- A relevant degree within Business Management, Engineering, Information Technology or experience in the Transport and Logistics industry. If you are newly graduated, you are also encouraged to apply, and we will provide you with the needed on the job training.
- Hands-on experience working with configuring, testing and supporting IT Systems and/or you have a solid knowledge of Road Operations combined with general IT knowledge and a willingness to learn and upskill your technical competencies.
- Self-starter - you must possess a genuine interest in handling sometimes abstract and complex problems without relying on direct instructions. You take pride in being able to recommend solutions to your stakeholders.
- Experience working in Agile teams. We use Jira and Confluence and keep track of work tasks in a daily, online Kanban stand-up facilitated by our service delivery manager.
- Experience working with integrating IT systems and business processes.
- Experience in the delivery of software solutions within the Transport and Logistics domain.
- Great communication skills both written and spoken – business level English is a must and a Nordic language an advantage.
- Able to travel with expected travel time around 10-20 days per year.
Join an innovative and international team
You will become part of an international team with 40+ highly motivated people from across Europe and USA. The location of the job is preferably in the headquarters of DSV in Hedehusene, but the right candidate can work from a local office location.
In our newly build, spacious and beautiful office in Hedehusene you will be treated with modern office facilities. You will experience great personal IT and office equipment, video conferencing in all meeting rooms, a fantastic lunch prepared by professional chefs, free selection of coffee, tea and sparkling water, fruit, top-notch gym facilities, free parking – you even have the possibility to vacuum and wash your car in DSV’s private car cleaning facility.
The environment in DSV and Road IT Europe is dynamic and informal, and we take pride in having a voice and using it whenever needed. Your future colleagues speak their minds in order to constantly improve how we do business. This allows us to move fast, stay ahead and face challenges head-on. This is the DSV way.
Want to know more?
You will report to Senior manager Peter Herzberg and he is looking forward to reading your application and for you to tell him why you are the ideal candidate to join Road IT Europe and DSV in our exciting journey. If you have questions to the position please reach out to Peter Herzberg +45 2220 4279 alternatively Mohan Palaniandy +45 5261 7968.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com.