Senior Java developer
Do you want to work in a development environment, where sparring with others, growth and cross-disciplinary learning is important? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Senior Java developer ready to share and grow!
You will primarily work out of Roskilde but also remotely as part of team called developer excellence. The team resides within a domain called shared platforms and DevOps. Here you will join a strong technical and developer centric team who everyday pursues to enable developers to code, build and deploy faster and better. Are you also a confident believer in DevOps and used to a high level of agile maturity, then this team will fit you well.
What you will work with
Our purpose is to enable developers in both Denmark and Poland to achieve more. The team holds different skill sets:
- Microservice framework (SpringBoot), enabling our developers with common functionalities and reusable services.
- Customer success maps, advisory, proof of concepts, migrations and bespoke technical solutions within our expertise.
- Display guides, standards, software templates and reference implementations in the most consumable way
- DevOps adaptation such as software craftmanship, code coaching and DevOps tool chain implementation.
What we are looking for
We do not expect you to be expert in all the above areas. But we do expect you to be an experienced Java developer who is ready to learn more. Maybe you have experience with:
- Designing and developing microservices.
- Implementing platforms / tools / frameworks used by other developers.
- Training others and implementing new technologies.
- Collaborating across multifunctional teams.
Nobody’s perfect, but we hope that you are skilled within most of the below (or similar) products and technologies.
- Java development frameworks - Spring Boot.
- GIT, Maven, Bitbucket and Jenkins – thorough understanding of CI/CD (and automation).
- Cloud and container technologies ala OpenShift or Azure, Docker or Kubernetes
- ELK stack.
- Message Queue (MQ).
- MS SQL databases
- Integration technologies (such as RESTful API, Kafka).
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
You have an educational background within IT (computer science) and 10 years of experience from a similar position. Most importantly you thrive in delighting our developers and find purpose in enabling them to achieve more.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Technically skilled.
- Collaborative and don’t shy away from helping and sharing.
- Curious about the details, yet able to see it holistically.
- Friendly, humorous and a person who enjoys sharing an odd hobby or pizza.
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than August 27, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact development manager Kenneth Thomsen on +45 29 82 80 07.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.