IT solution architects for organisational compliace team
Are you structured by nature and do you thrive with responsibility? Can you see yourself working in a critical IT compliance team ensuring license to operate? Then you might be one of the two IT solution architects for our newly established internal IT compliance team.
Danske Commodities – one of Europe’s leading energy trading companies
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 8500 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. Backed by an energy major, we are a wholly-owned subsidiary to Norwegian energy company Equinor, operating under our own name and brand.
Internal IT control at DC – Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
As our parent company Equinor is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, the entire group, including subsidiaries, must be SOX compliant.
SOX is an internal control structure that includes all relevant policies, procedures and operating principles in the company. It is short for the Sarbanes-Oxley act from 2002 – an act that institutionalises transparency in financial reporting for companies listed in the US and aims at increasing investor confidence in these companies. As a financial control organ, SOX is highly dependent on our IT solutions serving as a fundamental component to be SOX compliant. We embarked our SOX journey a year ago, and we are well on track. Now, we are ready to build a permanent IT compliance team to continue our work with SOX. The team will have broad exposure towards our IT & Finance unit consisting of 150 colleagues, who will be part of continuing this journey onwards.
Make an impact on our SOX journey
As one of our new IT solution architects, you will be part of a newly established IT compliance team. Depending on your former experience, competencies and ambitions, you will take an active part in shaping your role and responsibilities. It is vital that you have a good IT technical understanding in order to be able to translate control demands and risk demands to concrete controls and solutions. Starting out, your focus will be on designing and supporting the execution of IT General Controls on both large organisational systems and smaller local solutions. Your primary stakeholders will be your colleagues within DC, but you will also engage with external auditors and stakeholders from Equinor. To succeed in this role, it is important that you have a positive and proactive mindset. You will become one of our SOX role models ensuring that SOX becomes an integrated part of every aspect of our IT organisation. It is therefore important that you thrive with having a multitude of responsibilities, working with great structure and with close follow-up.
"You will be part of building a solid and flexible IT SOX setup for the future!" - Rasmus Lundgaard Pedersen, CIO, Head of IT.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home two days a week
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- design, build and adapt efficient SOX IT General Controls based on the SOX compliance framework
- review test findings and facilitate the remediation of control gaps and escalate possible critical issues
- identify areas of potential improvement for key processes and procedures, and support management on the related processes and procedures
- assume responsibility for working with different business/support owners on implementation, execution and compliance with entity-level controls
- drive stakeholder management towards internal and external stakeholders, including auditors and consultants
- perform quality assurance of review templates and control executions
- take the lead on IT architecture, design and implementation of IT controls on an application and infrastructure level
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant education within Computer Science, IT Architecture, Software Development or similar – the most important criterion to succeed in this role is that you have a deep IT technical understanding
- preferably, 1-2 years’ experience from a similar position working as a solution architect with experience in compliance and/or IT controls, IT auditing, infrastructure and security, or as project manager with a deep IT technical understanding
- have ITIL experience – an advantage but not a requirement
- are fluent in English, both written and verbal
We expect that you:
- employ an analytical and structured approach, as you will be part of defining solution design, which requires a good understanding of the control demands and the possible solutions
- are curious by nature and always eager to learn. The job entails tasks within various areas, and the will to learn more can drive your development further
- have a proactive mindset, as you will act in a changing environment
- see opportunities where others see problems and are proficient in communicating solutions. To ensure that SOX will stay a successful and integrated part of our business, you will take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and communication with your stakeholders
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Rasmus Lundgaard Pedersen
Director, Head of IT, CIO
T: +45 2441 3846
Application deadline: 30/08