Software Developer to build critical systems for your very own colleagues
Do you take pride in creating outstanding software? And are you looking for an opportunity to deliver vital solutions for your colleagues? Then you might be our new colleague!
Software development at Danske Commodities
Our Software Development team builds business critical systems of all shapes and sizes for the entire organisation. We shape the business by delivering systems that give Danske Commodities (DC) competitive advantages or automate critical processes. We are a trusted partner and advisor on technical solutions and we develop world-class software using modern technology and practices.
Our Software Development – Operations team builds and maintains several different systems of varying complexity which help pave the road to success for the back office teams at DC. The back office software team is collectively responsible for delivering software at the highest quality while striving to best meet the needs of our users, who are also our colleagues.
Join a team of dedicated craftsmen with a strong team spirit
You will join 34 committed developers with a passion for their craft. Our software developers are characterised by always being curious, and together we eagerly seek out new tech, practices and methodologies to discuss and learn from each other. As our new colleague, you will experience an informal culture and the humour is unprecedented (by own accounts!). We love foosball, running, biking, beers, playing music, boardgames and all sorts of games. Even better when we get to do it together.
Use your skills to set your quality footprint on our software
The team owns a broad system landscape supporting the different back office teams of Danske Commodities. Starting out, you will learn to navigate this landscape and understand how it supports the business. The key to short-term success is dedicating time to learning the domain while working on user stories that will take you through dedicated parts of the landscape. On a longer term you will use your experience in software design and development to heighten the technical level in the team. You will be part of designing new systems in cross-functional projects and will have a direct impact on the full project life cycle. You will also contribute to improving and expanding the existing system landscape in the portfolio so that technical debt is identified and removed.
"You will become a trusted partner and technical beacon in the team." - Steen Lykke Jeppesen, Manager, Head of Software Development - Operations.
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- develop world-class software in a complex domain
- participate in full project cycles, from inception to delivery, using agile practices
- engage our business to ensure outstanding solutions
- nurture a coherent application architecture that is fit for purpose
Specific for the team:
- develop and extend the system landscape supporting the different back office teams such as Finance & Accounting, Risk Management, HR and Treasury
- help the back office team position DC for growth by challenging existing solutions and new ideas
- gain insight into the important work of the back office teams to better find solutions that ease their tasks
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant degree within in Software Development, Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science or similar
- are experienced in .NET, Java or similar
- have 2-3 years of experience working with development, design and implementation of complex solutions
- understand best practices within code design (SOLID, OOP, Clean code, etc.)
- preferably, understand DDD and microservices – a plus but not a requirement
- preferably, have experience in web development (we use ASP.NET, AngularJS, Blazor)
We expect that you:
- are a curious software developer who loves the craft and solving problems. We like to explore and find new ways. You will feel at home if you love to discuss new tech or how to solve interesting business challenges
- are a team player who enjoys collaboration. No challenge too big, and none too small
- are willing to coach and discuss with team members to improve the software craftsmanship in the team
- you enjoy paving the way for business users by providing excellent support and clearing away issues
Jobstart & type
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
Apply for this job
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers
Get in touch
Steen Lykke JeppesenManager
Head of Software Development - Operations
T: +45 2777 6188
Application deadline: 06/09