Platform/system engineer (Microsoft Azure) for Cloud Center of Excellence
Do you want to work in a development environment, where sparring with others, growth and cross-disciplinary learning is important? Then we might have the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a platform/system engineer ready to share and grow
You will be part of the “Cloud Center of Excellence” (CCoE) team, which resides in the “Data & Cloud” domain.
The Data & Cloud domain delivers the multiple BI & Analytics platforms for BEC and our banks. The platform you will be focusing on will be based on Microsoft Azure and Terraform. This is a unique opportunity to join a cutting-edge project, not just within BEC, but in the entire financial industry in Denmark.
As a platform/system engineer you will be setting the bar for BECs next data center – BEC Cloud. You will be creating modules in Terraform – all the way from input to architecture, using your code magic in the GitHub repository, write automated tests and make sure to deliver it to the client with clear instructions.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
In the position as platform/system engineer, you will work closely with other engineers, architects, product owners, development manager and internal customers. Your primary tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Build and deploy IaC (Infrastructure as Code) using technologies like Microsoft Azure, Terraform, Python, GitHub, Gherkin, Cucumber, Confluence
- Being transparent during daily standup and participating in define realistic stories and features in Jira during scrum activities
- Having a DevOps mindset and solve tasks in the proper priority defined by product owner during a sprint
- Collaborating with other team members to become even smarter and able to solve all tasks on the board
- Make sure that the product is living up to all compliance, security and delivery expectations defined by relevant stakeholders
We are looking for you who love to explore and learn!
Preferably, you have an educational background at master’s within IT, science and 5+ years of experience from a similar position working with Microsoft Azure, Terraform and Python.
To us, curiosity is essential, and at BEC you'll join a community of helpful, ambitious, and tech-savvy people who love to explore and grow. We ensure that banks can comply with the legislation such as reporting requirements, providing solutions for individual banks as well as the entire community of BEC banks.
As a person, we expect you to identify with the following:
- Motivated by new challenges and being the pioneer with BEC Cloud
- Being transparent with statuses and asking questions when in doubt
- Thriving in a multi-cultural team and seek to collaborate when it makes sense
- Take ownership to make sure that deliveries are on time with great quality
- Always seek to improve yourself and the team on daily basis
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark and Poland, you must master Danish and English at a high level both in writing and orally.
Make us aware of your talent
Ready to join a culture of tech-loving people? Then we look forward to receiving your application and resume as soon as possible and no later than August 15, 2021. If you have any questions related to the position, do not hesitate to contact Max Reimer-Nielsen on +45 46 38 27 97.
We are committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and age. As a result, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.