IT Infrastructure Lead with strong technical, architectural and collaborative competencies
We invite you to bring your experience in IT Infrastructure design and setup into play as you support Nordic RSC’s Business Operations through continuously improved IT infrastructure and operations architecture. To achieve your goals in this role, you must have a proven history in IT Infrastructure design and implementation. You will be part of our IT organization in Nordic RSC consisting of skilled team members.
Our office is in Copenhagen Towers, Ørestad, and you will have significant flexibility in terms of facilitating your work, since we have implemented modern workplace.
Our business processes and IT environment are closely integrated with the Nordic and other European “Transmission System Operators”. The infrastructure is outsourced to an external IT infrastructure partner, and as the Infrastructure Lead you will lead, develop and innovate the infrastructure area in close collaboration with our infrastructure partner.
You will have an important role in designing and implementing new infrastructure services and technologies and you will be collaborating with stakeholders like the IT organization, the Business Service Teams, our strategic partners and international counterparts.
As our supply critical systems are based upon Microsoft Azure Stack (on premise) we need to rethink, how we are taking advantage of new technologies while maintaining a solid focus on stability and security.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Be in charge of IT infrastructure design, roadmaps and projects
- Design and coordinate the requirements to the outsourcing partners and their performance.
- Plan, design, and drive implementation of IT infrastructure services.
- Propose and coordinate choice of technologies and components.
- Work closely with our IT Security and Enterprise Architecture to ensure compliance and alignment.
- Support and collaborate closely with Nordic RSC’s other teams, advising on infrastructure architecture and solutions which requires a quite substantial effort.
- Ensure the infrastructure environment is well documented.
- Ensure robustness of operational infrastructure environment
From the moment you join Nordic RSC, we will support your personal and professional development allowing you to grow with the company.
Are you ready for a steep learning curve and continuous development?
For this role, we believe your background is:
- In-depth IT infrastructure knowledge and 5+ years of practical experience with operationalizing IT infrastructure and coordinating infrastructure partner relationship from a similar role within an international organization
- Technical expertise in Microsoft cloud technologies (Azure) and on-prem infrastructure, computing, storage and networking architecture.
- Good understanding of various cloud services and solutions - SaaS, IaaS, PaaS along with all cloud models (public, private, hybrid, multiple vendor solutions etc.)
- Understanding of IAM, cyber security and ITIL
- Experience in using an ITSM system (e.g. ServiceNow).
- Experience with technical writing, requirement specifications and defining implementation guides
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, as it is the company language
Personal qualities that will enable you to achieve your goals in this role include the ability to build relationships and trust, so your business colleagues see you as their partner, focusing on finding solutions and creating value for the business – as well as the ability to understand and navigate in a complex, relationship-based international organization.
Furthermore, you are a team worker with great communication and collaboration skills and an international mindset. You are structured, have a good understanding of complex environments, a natural curiosity, a will and enthusiasm for learning new and emerging technologies - as well as an agile mindset with the ability to accept changes in an entrepreneurial environment with an engineering/IT culture.
Application and contact information
Send your motivated application and resume as soon as possible and no later than 15. August. If you have any questions, please contact IT Manager Bjarne Dahl, tel. +45 20 55 26 71. For further information about Nordic RSC please follow this link: https://nordic-rsc.net
Special terms and conditions
Please note that the appointed candidate must go through a mandatory security clearance.
The energy sector in Europe is undergoing a dramatic transition towards the fully carbon neutral, sustainable energy system. The Nordic countries have set particularly stretching targets for this transition during this decade including introducing Energy Islands. Nordic RSC is a key player in this transition as the provider of regional electricity power system information and analysis to support the national electricity transmission system operators (TSO) to ensure the efficient operation and high security of power supply in the Nordics at any time. Nordic RSC was established in 2017 as a part of Energinet and is still in a fast development and transition to operation. We are an entrepreneurial team of international professionals; we work closely together with our Nordic colleagues, European counterparts and external partners and strive to deliver results in time to support the Green Energy transition. As a part of our further development Nordic RSC will be incorporated as an independent company in July 2022.