Senior Data Engineer
Responsibilities and contributions
Are you experienced in building efficient and scalable data services to support a variety of use cases and applications? Do you find the prospect of optimizing or re-designing data architecture most exciting? Would you like to participate the journey to reshape offshore drilling through data science? We really should explore together!
We are seeking a seasoned data engineer to support data initiatives and ensure optimal data architecture throughout ongoing projects, which will lift our organization’s ability to leverage data for value to next level. In return, we can offer a rewarding career that makes a difference, with plenty of opportunities for learning and self-development.
With more than 48 years of experience operating in the most challenging offshore environments, Maersk Drilling (CSE:DRLCO) provides responsible drilling services to energy companies worldwide. Maersk Drilling owns and operates a fleet of 20 offshore drilling rigs and specializes in challenging environment and deepwater operations. Headquartered in Denmark, Maersk Drilling employs around 2,500 people. For more information about Maersk Drilling, visit www.maerskdrilling.com.
As Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of the Maersk Drilling Advanced Analytics team. Your main responsibilities include:
- Design and build data infrastructure systems that input data into advanced analytics and artificial intelligence systems using Microsoft Azure technologies and big data tools, taking into consideration data format, scalability, system resiliency and security
- Create data tools for advanced analytics team members that assist them in building and optimizing our data products
- Design analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to deliver actionable insights for improving key business performance metrics and automating manual processes
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modelling and production support for customers
- Collaborate with counterparts to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation
Following are examples of Advanced Analytics team daily work contents:
- Analyze IoT sensor data to identify pattern and improve operations efficiency
- Predict equipment failure and suggest to-be maintenance planning process
- Provide inputs to support company environment protection and sustainability agenda
- Optimize logistics planning to minimize cost spend
- Identify risk factors among historical financial data
- Establish performance dashboard by applying multiple tech-stacks, i.e. statistical analysis, machine learning and business intelligence
- And more…
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Machine Learning or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of data engineering experience leveraging technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Databricks, Apache Spark, SQL DW
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as Code fundamentals
- Experience with Python, Scala, Power Shell Scripting
- Experience in IoT or sensor data management (a plus)
- Excellent problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent customer service and team collaboration skills
We would be interested in candidates with many different professional/educational profiles as long as they match most or all of the above characteristics.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new team member. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Only applications submitted via the "Apply online" button on the job ad will be reviewed. Applications submitted via email will not be reviewed or forwarded.
For further information, please contact: Head of Advanced Analytics, Roy Lao at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 6336 6496.
Job ad expires: 12/09/2021