Tech Lead • Investment & Wealth
Do you wish to be a key player in building and bringing our features centered around investment and wealth management to life? Do you want to build software with the latest technologies and help change the landscape of banking as we know it - one line of code at a time?
Then you should apply for this position and become our new Tech Lead!
The look under the hood
Our technical platform is built on an event-based microservice architecture, where continuous and independent deployability is a must. We are pushing around 1000 releases a month to our users. We host our infrastructure in AWS and orchestrate our microservices via Kubernetes - and everything else that goes hand in hand with cloud-native technologies. Our primary language is Go, but we also believe in "the right tool for the job".
How we work
At Lunar we do things simultaneously and fast - and to be able to do so, our engineering culture has to be based on an agile mindset. We are organised within squads that are divided into different sub-domains, making it possible for each squad to be on their own mission - and thereby enabling us to work autonomously. At Lunar, we pursue a culture that enables people to “think different” and to take ownership in their work-life here. At Lunar, responsibility is not something you get - it is something you take.
At Lunar, we build the rocket ship while we race to the moon and beyond. To do that, we simultaneously expand our offerings and features while we maintain a solid, optimised and scalable platform for our more than 250.000 customers. It requires steady nerves and a super steady focus doing that.
You as a person
As a person, you have the eye of a hawk and you enjoy being a part of everything from the scope of the product to the implementation. You are a dot-connecter by nature and love to see everything come together - and even more important, you are great at it! You are a fixer and a troubleshooter by nature - and you are driven by your ambitions to always push the boundaries for what can be done. Therefore it will be your fuel to join an organisation where we constantly push the boundaries in the world of banking.
The Role & Responsibilities
At Lunar we are organised in squads. The concept is simple - we take highly skilled people, each with their own skill, put them together in a team, and together they have a mission. As we love space, all squads have a name - the name of this squad is Apollo, and if you apply for this position you will become the Tech Lead of Apollo.
In Lunar being a Tech Lead is a role and not a title. With great powers comes great responsibility - and being Tech Lead is just about that. As Tech Lead your foremost task will be to take on the ownership of products being made and owned by Apollo. This will entail everything from design, implementation, and maintenance.
Squad Apollo is a product squad and their mission is to make, drive and maintain all features and services centered around investment and wealth management - so for instance Lunars invest feature is the work of our great colleagues at Apollo! Go check it out if you haven't yet.
What you bring to the table
At Lunar we don't believe in typical candidates - but we do have somewhat an idea about how a typical candidate could be for this position. If you can scratch several things off the list - that is a plus:
- You have +3 years of experience working with tech - the industry doesn't matter to us.
- You have a background in computer science or engineering.
- You have experience with: microservice architecture, messaging, Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have tried to drive your own projects and you are good at taking ownership.
- If you were asked to rate your coding skills - you would give yourself an A+.
- You have experience in working with distributed systems - and you love it.
- You might have knowledge of event sourcing, Grafana, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, design, and the development of systems.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll make your mark on the new digital bank in the Nordics more precisely with products and features centered around investment and wealth management
- Your daily work-life will be in our awesome office in the middle of Aarhus (Dokk1 is our neighbor)
- You’ll try a bunch of different things, with more new stuff to come.
- Get great sparring with brilliant colleagues and the possibility to grow.
- Casual tone, lots of laughs, and room for diversity.
- You’ll be a part of an entrepreneurial company full of drive and great team spirit. Together we’ve already accomplished wonderful results, and we’re nowhere near done.
- At Lunar, we emphasize follow-up on the things we do, so we’re always learning - both as individuals and as a team.
We love diversity and all that sets us apart - that's what makes us awesome. Some are extroverted - some introverted. We don't all speak Danish, Norwegian or Swedish, but we all speak English. The most important thing is respect and understanding between one and another.
Does it sound like something right up your alley?
Then don't hesitate to apply and maybe you will become our new colleague.
Feel free to reach out to our Recruitment Specialist, Louise Bjerregaard Andersen if you have any questions - her email is Lan@lunar.app.
Can't wait to read your application!