Senior Solution Architect
Do you want to use your knowledge of IT infrastructure and technology to ensure coherence and continuity across our global IT operations?
“We have a highly effective and functioning IT operation, giving us the capacity to focus on development, upscaling and new projects. This makes your newly established role even more exciting as you’ll be involved in most of our new developments,” VP and Head of IT Operations Daniel Leegaard Heede explains.
Join an international department
At IT Operations, we maintain the entire global IT infrastructure in DSV Panalpina, and we work with everything from data centres, network and storage to our Office 365 solution. Here, you will join our technical force of more than 500 highly skilled people situated all around the world supporting the organisation with crucial IT infrastructure.
Specifically, you will join a small team and work alongside one other solution architect reporting directly to the Vice President and Head of IT Operations. Together, you ensure that quality, scalability and security is in place for new and existing solutions – both applications and infrastructure.
Have the broader perspective on our architecture
It will be your responsibility to ensure coherent architecture across our applications and infrastructure. Working from our headquarters in Hedehusene, Denmark, you will be connected to all parts of our IT organisation – and especially to Operations and Enterprise. You will act as both a technical problem-solver as well as a high-level architect:
- End-to-end architectural responsible for the IT landscape in IT Operations
- Responsible for maintaining an overview of the IT landscape and technical dependencies
- Identifies and drives improvements to the way DSV works.
- Optimise existing solutions to new requirements such as security or scalability
- Represent IT Operations on design approval board forums to verify and review new solutions designs
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product specific guidelines and usability design standards
- Guide engineering staff throughout the construction phase as an infrastructure subject matter expert
Make your mark on our digital construction
DSV is powered through our efficient technological architecture, and your work will be a vital part of our continued growth.
“This is a rare opportunity for you to leave your footprints on a global organisation. You’ll be involved in most of our future expansions, making sure that new and exciting solutions are well-established,” Daniel continues.
A generalist within IT solutions
Taking on this new position, you will need to be a very self-driven individual. And while you coordinate with your colleague, you work independently to translate business needs and communicate clearly and efficiently with relevant stakeholders and collaboration partners. You are a very organised person, keeping track of projects that range greatly in scope. You also bring great people skills, and you know how to convey technical concepts to management.
Specifically, we imagine that you:
- Have substantial experience working with solution or enterprise architecture
- Have broad knowledge across infrastructure technologies
- Speak and write English – Danish is not a requirement
- Preferably have experience with:
- Middleware Application Servers & Databases Engines
- Projects Web Applications/Databases/Infrastructure implementation
- Programming languages like Java/C#
- API integration – Event-Driven – Messaging Systems (like MQ/Kafka/ RabbitMQ)
- Networking implementation of LB/FW/Proxy/WAF
- Open-source products such as Apache HTTP, Tomcat, Kafka and Mongo DB
- DevOps methodology – IaC/CCA
- Systems scripting (linux/unix/windows using like bash/Ansible/PowerShell)
Want to know more and apply?
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the position and about your options in DSV. You are welcome to call VP and Head of IT Operations Daniel Leegaard Heede at +45 6194 4734.
We look forward to receiving your application via the link below as soon as possible. We will process the applications as we receive them.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com